Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | jaguapitã |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Jaguapitã (13,742 inhabitants in 2020; 47,500 ha) is
located 450 km north-west of Curitiba.
Jaguapitã was established in mid 1937 by Antônio Pinto and Izaltino Rodrigues. Originally named São José dos Bandeirantes, the settlement was transformed into a colony in 1940. The district of Jaguapitã was established by Decree Law No. 199 promulgated on 30 December 1943 and inaugurated on 1 January 1944. The municipality of Jaguapitã was established by State Law No... promulgated on 10 October 1947, separating from Sertanópolis.
The flag of Jaguapitã is vertically divided (1:2:1) blue-yellow white with the municipal coat of arms in the center.
The coat of arms of Jaguapitã, designed by Reinaldo Gonçalves and drawn by Benedito Ursi, is composed of a shield containing cotton plants at the left and coffee branches at the right, the predominant crops at the time. The shield is surmounted by a resting ocelot, a feline whose existence has been reported by the municipality's oldest settlers.
Ivan Sache, 3 February 2022