This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Olovo (Municipality, Zenica-Doboj Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Last modified: 2020-07-26 by ivan sache
Keywords: olovo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Presentation of Olovo

Olovo (lit., "lead") was first mentioned in 1382 by the Latin name Plumbum, after the mining resouces exploited there at the time. The town is located at the confluence of three rivers: Bioštica and Stupčanica join here and therefrom form river Krivaja. It is also the site of the oldest Catholic pilgrimage dedicated to the Virgin in the wider Balkan area, known since the 14th century.
Olova launched started a parliamentary procedure to join Sarajevo Canton, due to better links with it, but the request was rejected twice.

Željko Heimer, 24 June 2011

Coat of arms of Olovo

[Municipal arms]

Coat of arms of Olovo - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 June 2011

The Populari database claims that the arms were adopted in 1999.

Željko Heimer, 24 June 2011