Last modified: 2018-10-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: royal geelong yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Royal Geelong Yacht Club.
Established 4 March 1859 as Geelong Yacht Club.
27 March 1924. Warrant for plain Blue Ensign.
c1924. Granted title ‘royal’. Presumably it was at this time that the burgee was changed from a white cross on a blue burgee, to a blue burgee with a crown above an anchor next to the hoist, and a red lozenge in the fly.
David Prothero, 3 February 2015
image located by Peter Edwards, 26 September 2018
Pennant approx. 4:7 (print image). Blue field charged with a crown above a
yellow anchor and with a red diamond shape (sides approx. 2 units) at the fly
Source: undated and un-sourced BDA card file.
Peter Edwards, 26 September 2018