This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Trujillo State (Venezuela)

Estado Trujillo

Last modified: 2011-12-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: trujillo | venezuela | star | dove | olive tree | hands | eagle | sugar cane | coffee |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Guillermo Aveledo, 18 August 2000



See also:

Municipalities (Capitals):

  • Andrés Bello (Santa Isabel)
  • Boconó (Boconó)
  • Bolívar (Sabana Grande)
  • Candelaria (Chejendé)
  • Carache (Carache)
  • Escuque (Escuque)
  • José Felipe Márquez Cañizales (El Paradero)
  • José Vicente Campo Elías (Campo Elías)
  • La Ceiba (Santa Apolonia)
  • Monte Carmelo (Monte Carmelo)
  • Miranda (El Dividive)
  • Motatán (Motatán)
  • Pampán (Pampán)
  • Pampanito (Pampanito)
  • Rafael Rangel (Betijoque)
  • San Rafael de Carvajal (Carvajal)
  • Sucre (Queniquea)
  • Trujillo (Trujillo)
  • Urdaneta (La Quebrada)
  • Valera (Valera)

Overview

Design and Meaning - Trujillo is a central western and of the Andes Venezuelan State. The name of the state reminds the ancient Province of Trujillo: one of the seven which declares the Independence of Venezuela on July, 5th, 1811.
The Trujillo State Flag is a rectangle divided in two horizontal stripes with the same size: red (above) and white (below) with a green triangle over it, near the staff and charging a five pointed and white star engraves with a dove's silhouette subjecting an olive tree branch with its beack.  The red stripe symbolizes the blood leaked by the Trujillians in favor of the consolidation of Venezuela; the "Decreto de Guerra a Muerte" (Decree of the War until Death) signed by "El Libertador" Simon Bolivar on June 15th, 1813 and the life employed in the creative and firmness labor on material or intellectually affairs. The white stripe represents the "Regularizacio'n de la Guerra y Armisticio" (War regulation and armistice) Treaty, realizes by El Libertador Simon Bolivar and the Spanish Field Marshall Pablo Morillo on November 25th, 26th, and 27th, 1820: a permanent invitation for the search of peace and the friendship cultivation founded on the justice. The green triangle reminds the verdure of the Andes ground and Trujillians planes, making special emphasis on the agricultural riches of the state. Its sides suggested the trilogy of architectonical emblems of the Trujillanity: first, the Cathedral Church "Del Senor Santiago de Nuestra Senora de la Paz" (of the Lord Saint James of Our Lady of the Peace) concluded on 1662, see of the veneration of the precious seventeen century's image of the Holiest Virgin under that appellation, blazon of the State and their capital city: holy place where the bishop Lasso de la Vega received El Libertador as a Governor and commended him to the Divine Providence on March 1st, 1821; second, the National Monument of the Bolivar and Morillo's Interview in the city of Santa Ana and finally, the Votive Monument of Our Lady of the Peace, live petition for the World Wide Peace. The White Star, symbol of the ancient Province of Trujillo: one of the seven which declared "in the Name of Almighty God" the Independence of Venezuela on July 5th, 1811, reminds too the Votive Monument of Our Lady of the Peace how the highest of its kind on the World.
Historical Synthesis - With the assistance of representative and important personalities of the region, and by previous citation, the appointed Committee by the Trujillo State Executive with the Decree P-40 signed on July 4th, 1994, for serve by Jury in the "Bandera Oficial del Estado Trujillo" (Official Flag of the Trujillo State) concourse, established by Decree P-30 dated on June, 7th of that year, had a reunion in the Elliptical Hall of the Government Palace on the next October 4th, and in that singular opportunity was unanimous approved the Flag Project made by Professor Manuel Nunez Gil, which was officially adopted by means of the Special Decree signed by the Trujillo State Governor on November 18th, 1994.

Sources:
Documentary and graphic material provides by Mr. Huma Rosario Tavera, Historian and Chronicler of Trujillo City, and Mr. Manuel A. Brugnoli Rivera, Trujillian Businessman, on August 1st, 2000.
Raul Jesus Orta Pardo, 16 August 2000

As reported by the "Agencia Bolivariana de Noticias", 12 April 2008, the Legislative Council of the State of Trujillo has approved the project of Law on the Arms, Anthem, Flag and Seal of the State of Trujillo ("Ley de Escudo, Himno, Bandera, y Sello del estado Trujillo"). The Law, made of 6 Chapters and 27 Articles, amends the previous Law, adopted on 10 January 1995. Articles 9 and 22 prescribe the respect, diffusion and adequate use of the symbols of the State. Article 27 provides penalty for inadequate use of the symbols of the State.
Ivan Sache, 19 April 2008


Coat of Arms


image by Raul Jesus Orta Pardo, 16 August 2000

The Trujillo State Coat of Arms shows an oval shape divided per pale and fess with a bar on its center. The first quarter charges on a silvered ground a golden zigzag ray naissant of an arrow which represents a pen and reminds the "Decreto de Guerra a Muerte" (War until Death Decree) signed by El Libertador Simon Bolivar in 1813 and besides the Trujillian Culture and Intellectuality. The second quarter in Or (yellow) presents an alliance, heraldical figure which represents two hands in friendly gesture: one dressed with an azure (blue) sleeve and the other with a gules (red) sleeve which jointed to the ground allude to the National Flag and represent the Bolivar and Morillo Interview in 1820, of highest importance for the Venezuelan Emancipation. The third quarter, in Gules (red) for reminds the blood leaked by the Trujillians in favor of the national sovereignty, shows a representation of the camp of the Battle of Niquitao where the invincible patriot General José Félix Ribas conquered the victory which open the passage to Caracas for the independent forces during the Campana Admirable (The Admirable Campaign) leaded by El Libertador in 1813. The golden bar with the denomination ESTADO TRUJILLO (Trujillo State) wrote on silvered letters, reminds the Trujillanity riches. The external ornaments of the shield are a golden star which represents the ancient Province of Trujillo: one  of the seven which declared  the Independence of Venezuela on July 5th, 1811. The bronze extended eagle stand on the star symbolizes the legendary haughtiness and courage of the Trujillian People. The sugar cane branch and the coffee tree branch at the flanques of the shield represents two of the principal agricultural products of the region and the silvered pennant which laced it, contain the follows ephemeris how mottoes:  15 de Junio de 1813, date of the "War until Death Decree" and 25 de Noviembre de 1820, the day when was signed the "Regularización de la Guerra y Armisticio" (War regulation and armistice) Treaty between the patriots and royalist forces. 
Raul Jesus Orta Pardo, 16 August 2000