This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lobatera (Tachira, Venezuela)

Municipio Lobatera

Last modified: 2011-12-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: tachira | lobatera |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




by Jens Pattke (based on original by Doris Danil Romero Varela ), 20 October 2004



See also:


Overview

Lobatera is a municipality in Tachira State, as well a city which is the capital of the municipality. The official resolution (in Spanish in pdf format) can be seen here.
Samir A. Sánchez E., 25 May and 16 September 2004


Municipal Flag

The flag of Lobatera Municipality was designed by Profesora Elda Consuelo Pacheco de Álvarez (1974).
Samir A. Sánchez E., 25 May 2004


City Flag


by Doris Danil Romero Varela

The Municipal Council approved, on the 5 of May of 2004, to modify the Flag of the City of Lobatera inasmuch as its present design was complicated. Designed by Carlos Alviárez Sarmiento and Samir A. Sánchez E. (2004).
Samir A. Sánchez E., 25 May 2004


Previous City Flag


from <www.monografias.com>

The Flag - Attributes and Semiology: Consists of a cloth with approximated ratio 1:2; this is square and half of length with dark red background. The hoist and central vertical thirds forms the main body of the field in whose center  appears the Coat of Arms of the Municipality framed within an ornamented bordure with diverse arabesque (lambrequins, circumferences, asterisks, crosses) in gilded yellow, whereas the fly third is sectioned in six dark red tails enriched with gilded yellow arabesque with form of lambrequins. This singular design inspired in the Venecianas flags alludes to to the meaning of the name given to the territory of present Venezuela: "Pequeña Venecia" (Little Venice) on  August 24th, 1498. The dark red represents the ground, the earth and the mounts that surrounds Lobatera. Lambrequins symbolizes the nobility and austerity of its inhabitants. The ornamental crosses recalls the cross that from the same name hill ( "la cruz" in Spanish) towards the north of the population has been vigilant witness of the history of the locality. The six tails to the fly constitute a tribute to the six ephemeris which have marked the citizen history of the Municipality:
- Foundation of Lobatera by Don Pedro de Torres Vera on 1593
- Joint Holder's Movement on 1781
- Creation of the Civil and Ecclesiastical Parish of Lobatera on 1773
- Creation of Lobatera's Fairs and Celebrations on 1774
- Creation of the First Capitular Party of Lobatera on 1811
- Creation of the Canton of Lobatera in 1835
Historical Synthesis: Created by Professor Consuelo Pacheco, it was adopted by then Lobatera District (today Municipality) in 1974.
Source: Article made by Professor Samir Sanchez at  <www.monografias.com>.
Raul Orta, 1 April 2004


The Standard


from <www.monografias.com>

The Standard - Attributes and Semiology: Consists of a field with approximated ratio 2:3; this is, square and half of length with backgrpund in dark red, vertically oriented  and with the fly slightly rounded in the corners charging on the center the Coat of Arms of the Municipality in all its official attributes framed within a border ornamented with diverse arabesque  (lambrequins, pennants, flowers of lily) in gold and crimson red. Judging by its design, it seems probable that this standard is a protocolic representation of the Flag or perhaps is the inverse thing and its semiology would make emphasis in the dark red as representation of the ground, the earth and the mounts that surrounds Lobatera whilst the lambrequins would symbolize the nobility of its inhabitants and the austerity of their customs.
Historical Synthesis: In occasion of the commemoration of the Fourth Centennial of the Foundation of Lobatera (1593-1993), its Mayor Office and Municipal Council approved the Coat of Arms and the Standard designed by Licenciate Samir A. Sanchez E. in Ordinary Session Nr. 13 dated on October 11th. 1991.
Source: Article made by Professor Samir Sanchez at  <www.monografias.com>.
Raul Orta, 1 April 2004


Municipal Coat of Arms


by Doris Danil Romero Varela

Designed by Profesora Elda Consuelo Pacheco de Álvarez (1974).
Samir A. Sánchez E., 25 May 2004


City Coat of Arms


by Doris Danil Romero Varela

Coat of Arms - Attributes: Consist in a Hispanic shape divided per fess. The Chief or Superior Quarter enameled in Azure (blue) charges five four-pointed stars put in bend three and two, the second in ascending order with greater proportion with respect to the rest. The Base or Inferior Quarter enameled in Gules (red) loads three pales in Or (yellow) trimmed in chevron (triangular), each one loaded with a battle-merloned tower in Argent (silver), outlined in brown. Border in natural stone that loads as mottoes the inscriptions  "SVB UMBRA GREMIVM TVVM PROTECTS US" (Protect us under the shade of your lap) to the Chief and Flanks and "LOBATERA" in the Base, made in relief capital gothic letters and separated each other by two five-pointed stars. As external ornaments the blazon presents a so called "Coronel": an ancient crown with five ends as crest and lambrequins in Or (yellow) and Gules (red) to the Chief and Flanks.
Semiology: On the First Quarter the five stars in Argent on field of Azure represents Lobatera and the populations which integrate their historical community, fruit of the pioneering and founding action of the Lobaterensians: Lobatera, 1593; Borotá, 1831; San Juan de Colón, 1831; Michelena, 1849 and San Pedro del Río, 1875. The stars disposition corresponds to its geographic location on the relief of  Tachirensian northwest; in ascending order they are: Borotá, Lobatera, Michelena, San Pedro del Río and San Juan de Colón. On the Second Quarter the blazon of the Royal and Military Order of Our Lady of the Graces is a filial tribute to the Holiest Virgin Mary in her invocations of Our Lady of the Rosary of Chiquinquirá,  Titular and Matron of the population since 1773, and Our Lady of the Graces in whose honor the Lobatera's traditional and bicentennial fairs and celebrations are celebrated. The Castilian towers constitute the heraldical representation of the last name "Torres" and constitute an homage to Don Pedro de Torres Vera, founder of Lobatera on the year 1593. The Border alludes to the historical past of the locality standing out the fact of have been Canton and Village that in 1856, with Canton and Village of San Cristóbal, Canton and Village of San Antonio del Táchira and the Canton and City of Holy Spirit Santo of La Grita, founded the Province of Táchira, converted in State since 1864. The motto in Latin language drift from a passage of the Holy Scriptures (Deuteronomy 32, v. 11) with that it is desired to express the Peace and Benignancy which offers the Lobaterensian home and land to its children and to all those that shelter under its clear sky and calm weather, specially to who moved away and passing the time returns to the shelter and protection that it gives to the spirit of  the native ground i which saw born or grow them. The word "LOBATERA" makes patent the local identity. The "coronel"  is a tribute to the warrior tribe of the Lobateras Indian, pertaining to the great Caribbean nation, that bequeathed to the posterity the name of the locality. The lambrequins constitutes the representation of the ocher  ground and mounts which surrounds Lobatera, the Nobility of its inhabitants and the Austerity of their customs.
Historical Synthesis: In occasion of the commemoration of the Fourth Centennial of the Foundation of Lobatera (1593-1993), its Mayor Office and Municipal Council approved the Coat of Arms and the Standard conceived by Licenciate Samir A. Sanchez E. and drawn by University Superior Technician Doris Danil Romero V. in Ordinary Session Nº. 13 dated on October 11th. 1991.
Source: Article made by Professor Samir Sanchez at  <www.monografias.com>.
Raul Orta, 1 April 2004


Parish Coat of Arms


by Profesor Horacio Moreno

"Escudo de Armas de la Parroquia Constitución del Municipio Lobatera". Designed by Profesor Horacio Moreno (1993).
Samir A. Sánchez E., 25 May 2004