This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Sylvania, Ohio (U.S.)

Lucas County

Last modified: 2017-12-08 by rick wyatt
Keywords: sylvania | ohio | lucas county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Sylvania, Ohio] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz
source: GWAV website



See also:


Description of the flag

Sylvania is in northwestern Ohio, adjoining the City of Toledo, on its western margin. The population of the City of Sylvania is 18,670 and Sylvania Township is 25,583 according to the 2002 census figures. Its webpage at www.cityofsylvania.com/Community/About/about.htm records

"Sylvania was founded in 1833 by Judge William Wilson and General David White. The heavily forested location prompted adoption of its name. In its early years Sylvania served the farms and general residential community with saw mills, tannery, barrel stave factory, grist mills, livery stables, and blacksmith shops. It was the center of rural life in this area. The first school was erected in 1834, and it served until 1844 when the Old Stone Academy was build. Sylvania was incorporated into a village in 1867, and reached city status on January 1, 1961."
The flag can be obtained from the Mayor's office.
Flag originally published in FlaGWAVer by John Purcell.

Chris Kretowicz, 16 August 2002


Police Department

[Flag of Sylvania Police Department] image located by Randy Young, 2 July 2014

The flag of the Sylvania Police Department is royal blue with the department seal in the center. Above the seal in white letters is the word "SYLVANIA", and below the seal in white letters "POLICE".

Sources: www.toledoblade.com/image/2013/10/20/800x600_b1cCM/honor-guard-10-20.jpg
www.toledoblade.com/image/2013/06/23/800x600_b1cCM/Sylvania-Police-Department-6-23.jpg

Randy Young, 2 July 2014