Last modified: 2012-06-07 by rick wyatt
Keywords: chandler | arizona | maricopa county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 5 October 2005
The flag consists of the city logo centered on a white field. The letter "C" represents the city's name and the sky over the San Tan Mountains. The mountains silhouette the growing urban area. Before the city lie irrigated
The city logo was adopted by the City Council on 8 February 1994. There is no record of the flag's adoption but some old timers with the city believe it made its appearance at a city dedication ceremony in 1985 or 1986. There are probably only 20 flags in existence with one in the city council chambers and the others in city offices. Outdoors, one flag flies on its own pole in front of the library that was erected in May 2002, and one flies in A.J. Chandler Park.
Pantone Matching System colors for the logo are:
Letter C = blue (PMS 548)
Mountains = middle gray (PMS 431)
Fields = burgundy (PMS 222)
The City of Chandler was founded by pioneer veterinary surgeon and land developer Dr. A.J. Chandler in the Territory of Arizona in 1912, and incorporated as a city in May 1920. The area, once primarily cotton fields, is now urbanized and a manufacturing center for the computer chip industry with a fast-growing population of nearly 200,000.
For more information about the city go to: www.chandleraz.gov
Mark Wallig, Reference Librarian
City of Chandler Public Library
14 February 2003