This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kirovograd (Kirovograd, Ukraine)


Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: kirovohrad | elizabetgrad | kirovo | kirovograd |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


image by Ivan Sache, 10 May 2005

See also:

Other Sites:

The Gonfalon

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"In 1991 the session of the town council approved the gonfalon: a square canvas with a ratio of 1:1. From a staff in a top to the bottom there are dark blue stripes, which form one at connection, which going lengthwise a length of the gonfalon on middle. A top and bottom half are yellow, triangle is red; on a triangle there is a or monogram of Elizabeth."
Phil Nelson, 7 July 1999

Flag of Kirovohrad City (Ukraine) at <> - diferent shade of blue (sinii - dark blue) and red (raspberry red - not pink).
Gvido Petersons, 31 May 2001

Coat of Arms

Small Coat of Arms

image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

Big Coat of Arms

image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The modern coat of arms was approved in 1991. The board is divided by an inverted forked azure cross into three parts – the first and second are or, the third is dark red. On a cross there is or six-coal strengthening, on which there is a dark red monogram of the Tsarina Elizabeth. The board is framed by decorative ornament, crowned by a or town crown with three towers. The board on the sides is supported by two storks. On a dark blue motto ribbon there are four ears and inscription - "With the peace and goods"."
Phil Nelson, 7 July 1999

The City

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"Capital of Kirovohrad Oblast. It is known since the first half of the XVI century as a Cossacks winter camp. It got a status of a town in the XVIII century. In 1757 a big earthen fortification was built. It was surrounded by a ravine and water. It had a form of a hexagon. Later it had been represented on a Coat of Arms".
Phil Nelson, 7 July 1999

Elisabetgrad before 1934, Kirovo in 1934-1939.
Antonio Martins, 9 July 1999