This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kalush (Ivano-Frankivs'k, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: ivano-frankivsk | kalush |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


from Ukrainian Heraldry web site

See also:


From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed at September, 24th, 1993 by the decision of XXVII city council session of XXI convocation. The square panel, on the blue background is yellow letter "K" above a yellow half moon (turned horns up), above them are three white furnaces of salt. From the top, free and bottom edges is yellow border (in width of 1/10 parties of a gonfalone). The author is A.Grechylo.
A.Grechylo, "Ukrainian city and village arms and flags", part 1.
For the first time it was mentioned in written documents of the XIII century as a fortress of Galyts'ko-Volyns'ke state. In 1549 the Magdeburg Right is given."
Dov Gutterman, 26 March 2005

Coat of arms

from Ukrainian Heraldry web site

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The emblem of the town of the Austrian period looked like an azure field with the or letter "K", three argent salt furnaces and an or crescent to signify the victory of king Sobes'kyi over the Turks. It was reconfirmed by the town council on the 24th of September 1993."
Dov Gutterman,26 March 2005