This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Díli District (East Timor)

Last modified: 2014-06-14 by ian macdonald
Keywords: díli | dili | dilli | dily | coat of arms (tree: green) | tree | arrow-bag |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Traditional weavings on the parliament wall

On the right and the left wall of the East Timor national parliament are hanging traditional weavings, each with the name of one of the districts. Each district has such a weaving on the left and the right, but there are not exactly the same, just similar.
J. Patrick Fischer, 08 August 2002

Left side

Weaving, left image by J. Patrick Fischer, 08 August 2002

Right side

Weaving, right image by J. Patrick Fischer, 08 August 2002

Portuguese era municipal flag

Some, not all, Portuguese overseas municipalities received arms and flag in the period 1940-1974, after all metropolitan municipalities got one. In Portuguese Timor overseas province only Díli had a flag and a coat of arms, all other 12 municipalities (currently named districts) being confirmedly flagless.
António Martins, 15 January 2003 and 06 August 2005

The Díli municipal flag was white an green gyronny of eight, with the municipal coat of arms over all: argent, a tree vert between two arrow-bags, sable; golden mural crown with five visible towers (overseas province capital city status), and white scroll with uppercase sans serif "CIDADE DE DÍLI".
Antonio Martins, 23 October 1999