This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Stropkov city (Slovakia)

Stropkov okres, Prešov region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: stropkov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




Stropkov flag submitted through Rob Raeside, 4 Aug 1999
adopted 18 Oct 1988 See also:

Stropkov flag

Image based on the Heraldický Register Slovenskej Republiky III, 2003 - Stropkov, Stropkov district, Prešov region - adopted 18 Oct 1988.
Stropkov lies on the left bank of the Ondava river in the beautiful scenery of Ondava Highlands in East Slovakia. It is first mentioned in documents in 1404, but it existed already before the 13th Century. In 1404 Stropkov (Stropko) was a small town - oppidum. In 1757 the so called big guild came into existence - very rare in Slovak history. Population: 6.000.
Jarig Bakker

Stropkov Coat of Arms

Stropkov Coat of Arms from http://www.tatrahome.sk/revue/erby/ . (!Link does not work any more!)