This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Spišská Nová Ves (Slovakia)

Spišská Nová Ves okres, Košice region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: spisska nova ves |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Spišská Nová Ves flag

Spisská Nová Ves flag submitted through Rob Raeside, 2 Aug 1999

Spišská Nová Ves is the cultural, administrative and business center of the Spiš region. The town arose on the West-East Trade Route from the villages of Iglov and of Villa Nova. The first written reference to the town is from the year 1268. The town was a member of the Spiš Sasi Community and it was for 360 years in a pledge by the Polish King. It was the seat of the province of the 16 Spiš Towns and an important industrial and business center as well as the center of crafts (esp. church bells were produced here), the mining and metallurgical industry.
Jarig Bakker, 30 Dec 2000


Spišská Nová Ves Coat of Arms

Spisská Nová Ves Coat of Arms from http://www.tatrahome.sk/revue/erby/ . (!Link does not work any more!)

Spišská Nová Ves great Coat of Arms

Spisská Nová Ves great Coat of Arms] image from this website, spotted by Jarig Bakker, 15 Sep 2002