This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Huedin (Romania, Cluj)

Oraşul Huedin Bánffyhunyad Város

Last modified: 2008-08-30 by alex danes
Keywords: huedin | banffyhunyad | romania | cluj | kolozs | transylvania | erdély |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




No information is available on flag.



See also:


Overview

Huedin (in Hungarian Bánffyhunyad) is a town in Cluj (in Hungarian Kolozs) County of Romania near to Cluj-Napoca / Kolozsvár City. The commune contains two settlements: Town of Huedin / Bánffyhunyad and Bicalatu / Magyarbikal village. The town has got 9.460 inhabitants (32,5% Hungarians, 1992 census). Neighbouring communities are: Almaşu / Váralmás, Fildu de Jos, Poieni, Sâncraiu / Kalotaszentkirály and Izvoru Crisului / Krösf communities.

The landlord of the settlement 1330-1848 was the Bánffy Family. The town was in Kolozs County of the Kingdom of Hungary. After the Battle of Mohács (1526) which ended the independent Kingdom of Hungary, Hunyad became a part of the Principality of Transylvania (1552-1765) later Grand Duchy of Transylvania (1765-1867).

The settlement in 1910 was a village in the Bánffyhunyad (Huedin) district of the Kolozs (Cluj) County of the Kingdom of Hungary. Inhabitants in 1910: 5.194; 4.699 (90,5%) Hungarian, 451 (8,7%) Rumanian and 44 (1,8%) other by mother tongue, 2.984 (57,5%) Calvinist, 1.073 (20,7%) Jew, 542 (10,4%) Roman Catholic and 595 (11,5%) other by religion. From 1919/1920 (Romanian occupation / Treaty of Trianon) to 1940 Second Decision in Vienna) part of the Kingdom of Romania. 1940-1944 part of Hungary. The Treaty of Paris reallocated it to Romania.The settlement was a town 1952-1968 in Cluj Region, and from 1968 is in Cluj County.

There is a great Gothic Reformed Church (13th century)

István Molnár, 11 January 2001


Historical flag of Bánffyhunyad (Kingdom of Hungary)

[flag of Bánffyhunyad, Kolozs county, Hungary 1941] by István Molnár, 11 January 2001

White with three red triangles, the bases of which touch each other and cover the hoist, and the apexes of which touch the fly.
António Martins, 27 February 2001

This flag appears at Dr. Széll Sándor: Városaink neve, cmere és lobogója (1941) as "Bánffyhunyad, Kolozs Co.".
István Molnár, 11 January 2001