This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nagłowice rural district (Poland)

Jędrzejów county, Świętokrzyskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: naglowice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Nagłowice flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Jun 2009
adopted 29 Dec 2004; design: Jerzy Michta See also:

Nagłowice rural district

Nagłowice - rural commune, Jędrzejów County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodship - former name:Nagłowice-Oksa (until 1991).
Gmina Nagłowice is a rural commune in Jędrzejów County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship, in south-central Poland. Its seat is the village of Nagłowice, which lies approximately 15 kilometres (9 mi) west of Jędrzejów and 43 km (27 mi) south-west of the regional capital Kielce.
Area: 117.3 sq.km (45.3 sq.mi); Population: 5,290 (2006); An agricultural commune. Land under cultivation - 69%; forests - 23%.
Firs mention of the village comes from 1269. From 15th to 18th century it was owned by the Rey family (noble Coat of Arms Oksza). One of them, Mikołaj Rey (1505-1569), is considered to be one of the founders of Polish literary language and literature.
In 1994-97, Mikołaj Rey's descendant and namesake, Nicholas Rey (1938-2009), served as the American Ambassador to Poland.
Poland's Sejm declared the year 2005 the Year of Mikołaj Rey, in commemoration of the 500th anniversary of his birth.

Arms and flag adopted on December 29, 2004 (resolution # XXVIII/178/2004).
"Arms: on the red shield a white column topped with the golden crown. On both sides of it, two axes with silver blades and golden handles. The blades are turned to the sides of the shield.
Flag - rectangular, in the ratio 5:8, mirrors tautologically the Arms."
Author of the project: Dr. Jerzy Michta.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Jun 2009


Arms

[Nagłowice coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Jun 2009
adopted 29 Dec 2004; design: Jerzy Michta