This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Stegna commune (Poland)

Nowy Dwór Gdański county, Pomorskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: stegna |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Stegna flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008
civic flag adopted 8 Jun 1998 See also:

Stegna commune flag

Stegna - rural commune, Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomorskie Voivodship - German name: Steegen.
Gmina Stegna is a rural gmina (commune) in Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship, in northern Poland. Its seat is the village of Stegna.
Area: 169.57 sq.km (65.5 sq.mi); Population: 9,519 (2006); land under cultivation - 72%; forests - 10%.
A fishing village, beach community and road junction (highways 501 and 502); First mentioned in 1432
In 1465, Poles and Teutonic Knights negotiated here a Peace Treaty.
After the first partition of Poland, annexed to Prussia (1773-1919).
In 1919, included in Free City of Danzig (Wolne Miasto Gdańsk).
On September 1, 1939, annexed to the third Reich.
In spring 1945 back to Poland.

Arms and flag adopted on June 8, 1998 (resolution # XLVI/329/98).
"Arms: on a blue field and on a white-blue wave a golden boat with a white sail and a red shield bearing a white eagle next to which is a knight standing in silver armor and red tunic holding a silver sword with a golden handle.

Flag: civic flag is a rectangle composed of three equal horizontal bands of: blue-yellow-red in the ratio of 5:8.
Ceremonial flag is blue with the Arms in its center. Ratio, same as the civic flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008


Stegna ceremonial flag

[Stegna ceremonial flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008
adopted 8 Jun 1998

Stegna Coat of Arms

[Stegna coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008
adopted 8 Jun 1998