Last modified: 2011-05-14 by andrew weeks
Keywords: brzesc kujawski |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Since XIII Century an important defensive settlement. Seat of the Kuyavian
1250 - granted the city rights
1332-1343 - under the rule of the Teutonic Knights
1655 - suffered damages at the hands (and swords) of Swedes
1793 - under Prussian rule (second partition)
1807 - within Grand Duchy of Warsaw
1815 - within (Russian) Congress Kingdom of Poland
1939-1945 - annexed to the III Reich.
Arms adopted on October 8, 1999, based on the medieval ones.
Confirmed in the Law ("Statut") of April 25, 2003 (resolution # V/39/03).
Flag adopted on October 23, 2008.
"Arms: defensive wall with three towers and the gate. On the middle tower a princely Coat of Arms of Kuyavia between the images of Saint Stanislaus and Saint Peter holding the pastoral staff and the keys.
Flag is not described.
There is also a standard adopted in 2008.
The slight modification of the Arms and the designing of the flag and standard were done by Dr.Gerard Kucharski of Poznan's Adam Mickiewicz University.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 6 Dec 2008