This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Koszalin city (Poland)

Miasto Koszalin, Zachodniopomorskie voivodship

Last modified: 2011-05-14 by andrew weeks
Keywords: koszalin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Koszalin flag] image by Antonio Martins, 21 May 1999 See also:

Koszalin city flag

In "Godloibarwa Polski Samorzadowej" published by the Instytut Wzornictwa Prezwmyslowego in 1998, Koszalin is shown as W over B- and the flag was adopted 1959.
The Flag Bulletin, Vol VI, Nº 1-2 (Winter 1966-67), pg. 56 states:
"Koszalin [pop. 52,000] A town since 1266 and the capital of a voyvody since 1950. The first city flag, from the 19th century, was white over red, containing the colors of the often changed coat of arms. In 1960 a new coat of arms was adopted: on blue a silver horseman holding a shield with the Polish eagle and a banner with the Pomeranian griffin. The new city flag is of white over light blue horizontal stripes."
Dave Martucci, 12 Nov 1999

Koszalin: formerly a regional seat, now part of West Pomeranian region; 13 km from the Baltic, ca. 111.000 inhabitants. A town since 1246, it passed in 1846 into the hands of Brandenburgia and then Prussia. Back in Poland since WW2.
Gwidon S. Naskrent, 6 Sept 2000

Koszalin city Coat of Arms

[Koszalin Coat of Arms] image from this site.