This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Jaworzyna Śląska district (Poland)

Świdnica county, Dolnośląskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: jaworzyna slaska |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Jaworzyna Śląska flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Sep 2008
adopted 2006 See also:

Jaworzyna Śląska flag

Jaworzyna Śląska - urban-rural commune, Świdnica County, Dolnośląskie Voivodship - former German name: Königszelt.
The new Arms and the flag were adopted in 2006.
The Commune's Council's Resolution describes them as: "On a green field, between the wings of a railroad wheel there is an amphora, with two holders, in silver color.
The railroad wheel with the wings symbolizes the fact the town was settled by the builders of the railroads in the XIX Century.
Also, The town was a site of the massive factory in the People's Republic period, producing fine locomotives, mostly for export to the West.
The amphora, in turn, symbolizes the manufacturing of fine china and porcelain since 1863 in Jaworzyna Slaska.
The flag of the Commune is a rectangle in the ratio 5:8 and of green color with the Arms in the center."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Sep 2008

Jaworzyna Śląska Coat of Arms

[Jaworzyna Śląska coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Sep 2008
adopted 2006