This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Yanuh-Jat (Israel)

Mo'atza Mekomit Yanuh-Jat, Majles Yanuh-jat El-Makhaly

Last modified: 2015-06-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: yanuh-jat | mo'atza mekomit yanuh-jat | majles yanuh-jat el-makhaly | jat | gat | druze | coat of arms (sunburst: blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Local Council of Yanu'ah-Jatt (Israel)]
image by Dov Gutterman
modified by Santiago Dotor | 2:3
Emblem adopted 12th November 1995

See also:


Local Council Yanuh-Jat is situated in the western Upper Galilee, SW to Ma'alot and south to Kefar Veradim, and was founded in 1990 by joining two close villages (Yanuh and Jat) with 4,500 inh., all Druze. I spotted several white flags with blue emblems. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 4348, 12 November 1995.
Source: author's own observation, 8 October 2001; emblem on the Local Council's sign.
Dov Gutterman
, 20 October 2001

According to the list of united or dissolved local authorities published in the official gazette (Rashumot), section Sefer HaHukim 1897, 5 August 2003, Local Councils Yirqa, Julis, Abu Sinan and Yanuh-Jat are united into a single local authority.
Dov Gutterman
, 20 December 2003 and 12 January 2004

Yanuh-Jat was planned to be part of the "City Of Five" (a.k.a GYYA) according to 2003 legislation, but due to fierce resistance of the locals, the decision was reversed in 2004 and it is an independent local council
According to local traditions, first Druze arrived to Jat in the 17th Century. It is costumary to identify it with Ra'amses II's Gat-Asher. In the crusaders era called Ghaz and Zhat. Pop: 1500.
Source: <>
First Druze came to Yanuh in the 18th Century. It is costumary to identify it with the bibilical Yanuh (King B, 15,29) and the Crusaders era Yanut. According to Druze tradition it is named after the biblical Noah. Pop. 3500
Source: <>
Dov Gutterman, 21 April 2005