Last modified: 2007-07-14 by dov gutterman
Keywords: tel mond | mo'atza mekomit tel mond | text: hebrew (green) | coat of arms (landscape: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 30th October 1958
Local Council of Tel Mond is situated in the Sharon region,
north of Kefar Sava and south of the
Sharon (a.k.a. Bet-Lid) crossroads on the on Road 4. It was
founded in 1929 and named after Alfred Mond (Lord Melchet), a
British Zionist leader. Pop. 5,000.
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot,
Yalkut HaPirsumim), YP 792, 30 October 1958. The unofficial
flag is white with the emblem in green.
Sources: author's own observation, 6 September 2001; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 17 September 2001
Initiated as a citrus plantations farm (Havat Tel Mond)
which was established by Israel Land Plantations Company headed
by Alferd Mond, Lord of Melchet, a former British minister and
the president of the British Zionist Federation. Inside the farm
there was Skhunat HaPkidim (Clerks Neighborhood). In
1933 some of the farm workers purchased lands of the farm and
established Moshav Tel Mond. Another group established Moshav
Kefar Ziv in 1936 and new immigrants from Yemen established Skhunat
Ya'aqov (Ya'aqov Neighborhood) in 1943. New neighborhoods
were built for new immigrants in the early 1950' (Neve Oved and
Hadar Hayyim) and in 1954 all of those communities were united
into Local Council of Tel Mond.
Sources: <www.telmond.com>, <www.mapa.co.il>.
Dov Gutterman, 8 May 2005