This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Vaszar (Veszprem County, Hungary)

Vaszar község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprem | papa | vaszar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

by Istvan Molnar, 21 August 2000

See also:


Vaszar is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (9 km north) in the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 1.718 inhabitants (1990 census) nearly all of them are Hungarians. The territory is populated from the Stone Age. There was founded mounds of cemetery of the Hallstatt Culture (like the neighbouring Takácsi). The first mention of the village was in 1332. All the settlers of the villages was serf. The Bishop of Gyor was the landlord of the village In 1910 Vaszar was a village in the Pápa district of Veszprém County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 2.126; 2.125 (100,0%) Hungarian and 1 others by mother tongue, 2.055 (96,6%) Roman Catholic, 56 (2,2 %)  and 14 other by religion. You can see: Roman Catholic Church (1790)
Istvan Molnar, 21 August 2000

Vertical (Ceremonial) Flag

by Istvan Molnar, 21 August 2000

Coat of Arms

by Istvan Molnar, 21 August 2000