This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Takacsi (Veszprem County, Hungary)

Takácsi község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprém | papa | takacsi | arm |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

by Istvan Molnar, 11 August 2000

See also:


Takácsi is a small village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (7 km) in the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 1.018 inhabitants (1990 census) nearly all of them are Hungarians. The coat of arms relates to the noble settlers of the village.
The territory is populated from the Stone Age. There was founded mounds of cemetery of the Hallstatt Culture. The first mention of the village was in 1330. All the settlers of the villages were members of the lower nobility. In 1910 Takácsi was a village in the Pápa district of Veszprém County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 1.476; 1.473 (99,8%) Hungarian and 3 others by mother tongue, 582 (39,4%) Calvinist, 467 (31,6%) Lutheran, 413 (28,0%) Roman Catholic and 14 other by religion. Between 1971-1990 the village was part of the Vaszar Collective Community Soviet. You can see: Calvinist Church (1791), Lutheran Church (1804-1949)
Istvan Molnar, 11 August 2000

Coat of Arms

by Istvan Molnar, 11 August 2000