This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Adony (Fejer, Hungary)

Adony város

Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | fejer | adony |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015


See also:

Overview

Adony is a town in Fejér county, it is located on right bank of Danube. It was mentioned as Odon in late Middle Age, but during the ottoman rule its poppulation was ousted from their home. After that German and Slovakian people came and settled next to Serbian minority. But the dominancy remained in German hands. Their first church was built in 1723. It became municipality in 1891, but it has been town since 2004.
Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015


The Flag

On its flag a yellow and a green stripes are divided by a wavy blue stripe, representing Danube. An old style black letter A is placed in the upper hoist part of the flag, meaning the settlement itself. It also has horizontal and vertical variant. Propotions 1:2.
Regulation of flag and coat of arms (in Hungarian):
http://adony.hu/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/A-v%C3%A1ros-jelk%C3%A9peir%C5%91l-%C3%A9s-azok-haszn%C3%A1lat%C3%A1r%C3%B3l-a-k%C3%B6zter%C3%BCletek-fellobog%C3%B3z%C3%A1s%C3%A1r%C3%B3l-sz%C3%B3l%C3%B3-rendelet.pdf
Town website about its symbols (in Hungarian):
http://www.adony.hu/varosunk/jelkepeink/
Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015


Vertical Flag


image by Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015

Image of vertical flag: http://www.borrend.hu/dynamic/hirek//adony_zaszlosborvers_2012/majalis_015.JPG
Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015


Coat of Arms


image by Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015

Description of coat of arms and some basic information (in English):
http://www.nemzetijelkepek.hu/onkormanyzat-adony_en.shtml
Zoltan Horvath, 08 January 2015