This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Štefanje (Municipality, Bjelovar-Bilogora County, Croatia)

Last modified: 2017-02-27 by ivan sache
Keywords: stefanje |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Town flag]

Flag of Štefanje - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 October 2013


See also:


Presentation of Štefanje

The municipality of Štefanje (2,347 inhabitants in 2001, 410 in the village of Štefanje) is located halfway between Bjelovar and Čazma, some 10 km southwest of Bjelovar. The municipality was established in 1993.

Željko Heimer, 24 October 2013


Flag of Štefanje

The symbols of Štefanje seem to have been designed for the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the municipality, held on 15 September 2013 (photos, 15 September 2013).

The flag is in proportions 1:2, green with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.

Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 24 October 2013


Coat of arms of Štefanje

[Municipality coat of arms]

Coat of arms of Štefanje - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 October 2013

The coat of arms used by Štefanje is "Azure a church or on a mount vert" placed on an oval cartouche. The shape of the cartouche is virtually the same as the one used historically (and today) by the town of Požega (without any obvious connection).
The parish church of St. Stephen is depicted in the arms. In 1094, the Croatian-Hungarian king Ladislas donated a land there for a church to be erected, dedicated to St. Stephen. Finished in 1242, demolished during the Ottoman raids, the church was rebuilt in mid-17th century.

Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 24 October 2013


Table flag of Štefanje

[Table flag]

Table flag of Štefanje - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 October 2012

The table flag is a vertical flag with inscriptions added in three rows, one above and two below the arms, with the municipality name and the years "1993. - 2013.".

Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 24 October 2013


Former symbols of Štefanje

[Town flag]         [Municipality coat of arms]

Former flag and arms of Štefanje (reconstruction) - Images by Željko Heimer, 30 December 2016

The former symbols of Štefanje were prescribed by Decision Odluka o grbu i zastavi Općine Štefanje, adopted on 14 July 1996 by the Municipality Assembly and published on 26 July 1993 in the official gazette Službeni vjesnik, No. 18.

The flag was horizontally divided yellow-green with a red-white-blue raising diagonal fimbriated white and the coat of arms in the canton.
The coat of arms was blue over green with a depiction of the church of St. Stephen, white with a red roof, a white road running diagonally, and a wavy blue base.

Željko Heimer & Marko Vitez, 30 December 2016