Last modified: 2011-01-07 by eugene ipavec
Keywords: san cristóbal de segovia | segovia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of San Cristóbal de Segovia (2,908 inhabitants in 2009, 635 ha) is located on the south of the Segovia Province, 3 km of the provincial capital.
San Cristóbal was mentioned for the first time in 1247, as Sant Christoval, a suburb of Segovia dedicated to agriculture and cattle- breeding with an advanced management system of the water supplied by river Cambrones. Transfered in 1862-1863 to the municipality of Palazuelos de Eresma, San Cristóbal de Segovia was made an independent municipality on 25 November 1999.
Ivan Sache, Oct 2010
The flag and arms of San Cristóbal de Segovia are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 23 January 2009 by the Municipal Council, signed on 26 January 2009 by the Mayor, and published on 10 March 2009 in the official gazette of Castile and Leon, No. 47, p. 7,506. Designed by the "Instituto Borbone de Heráldica Municipal," the symbols are described as follows:
Municipal flag: Square panel in proportions 1:1, horizontally divided in three stripes, the central blue and twice higher than the outer ones, which are white. In the middle the municipal coat of arms.
Coat of arms: Azure four fess wavy argent, a bordure argent charged with eight flax plants proper." (Crown not mentioned)
"El Adelanto," 24 March 2009, reports the inauguration of the municipal symbols. Flax flowers are shown on the arms as a plant once (but no longer) grown in the municipality, as shown by different placed called "Los Linares" (The flax fields, from "lino," "flax"). The wavy stripes represent the past and present, wise use of waters in the municipality.
Source: "El Adelanto," 24 Mar 2009
Ivan Sache, 21 Oct 2010