This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

German Rowing Clubs ordered by name of location (l)

Deutsche Ruderclubs (l)

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: lauenburg rg | lauinger rc | leer rv | leer rc | lehrte fdgf | bayer leverkusen | lindau rc | lingen esv | lingener rg | lahnstein rg | landhuter rv | neckar rc | limburger cfw | limburger rv | ludwigshafener rv | luebbecke ptsg | l |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[DRV-pennant] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Apr 2006
pennant of the Deutscher Ruderverband (DRV, German Rowing Association) See also:

Information about rowing clubs in Leipzig is available here.

Information about rowing clubs in Lübeck is available here.

Source:
If source is not given explicitely, all information is available from the flag chart of : Rudersportalmanach 1977.

RG Lahnstein

[RG Lahnstein (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Apr 2011

Name: Rudergesellschaft Lahnstein 1922 e.V.
Located in: Lahnstein (at mouth of river Lahn)
Established: 8 June 1922
Description of flag:
The white flag is divided by a sinister bendy blue over red ribbon. In the upper hoist corner are blue capitals "RGL" put into the corners of a white equilateral triangle fimbriated blue. In the lower fly corner is a blue inscription "1922" placed between two blue horizontal lines.
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Apr 2011

Landshuter RV

[(Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Apr 2011

Name: Landshuter Ruderverein e.V. 1952
Located in: Landshut(Bavaria)
Established: 31 August 1952
Description of flag:
It is a white pennant with three violet helmets ordered 1:2. The helmets are taken from the coat of arms of the city of Landshut.
Source: flag chart
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Apr 2011

RG Lauenburg

Name: Ruder-Gesellschaft Lauenburg e.V.
Located in: Lauenburg
Established: 22 March 1921
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

flag

[RG Lauenburg (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

Description of flag:
It is a yellow flag divided by a black centred cross. In the centre of the flag is a black annulet with a plain yellow field without any inscription.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

blade

[RG Lauenburg blade (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2008

Description of blade:
The blade has a vertical yellow-black ribbon, being the colours of flag, shifted to the baseboard.
Source: own photo, shot on 12 July 2007 in window of club's office
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2008

Lauffener RC Neckar

[Lauffener RC Neckar (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Apr 2011

Name: Lauffener Ruderclub 'Neckar' e.V. 1931
Located in: Lauffen/Neckar
Established: 18 July 1931
Description of flag:
The white flag is divided by a red and a black (half width) sinister bendy ribbon. In the upper hoist quarter is a dotted black inscription "L.R.C.", in the lower fly, also black a "1931". The ribbons are superimposed and interrupted by a big red "N" in the centre of the flag.
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Apr 2011

Lauinger RC

[Lauinger RSC Donau (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Nov 2007

Name: Lauinger Ruder- und Surfclub "Donau" e.V.
Located in: Lauingen/Donau
Established: 13 October 1909 as "Lauinger Ruder- und Segelclub "Donau"
Description of flag:
It is a horizontal 8-stripes flag with alternating black and yellow stripes starting with a black one. The flag has a yellow canton with a black lying 6-point star surrounded by black capital letters "L" (top left), "R" (top right), "C" (bottom left) and "D" (bottom right).
The website shows a different pattern having 13 (?) stripes.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Nov 2007

RC Leer

[Ruder-Club Leer (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

Name: Ruder-Club Leer e.V.
Located in: Leer (Eastern Frisia)
Established: 12 May 1930
Description of flag: It is a 5-stripes triangular pennant with alternating black and white stripes starting with a black one. It has a white canton (black fimbriated) with black capital letters "RCL".
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

RV Leer

[Ruderverein Leer (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

Name: Ruderverein Leer von 1903 e.V.
Located in: Leer (Eastern Frisia)
Established: 22 September 1903
Description of flag:
The flag is white with a red 6-point star in the centre of the flag.
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2006

RV Für das Große Freie(Lehrte)

[RV Für das Große Freie (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Nov 2007

Name: Ruderverein "Für das Große Freie" e.V.
Located in: Lehrte/Hannover
Established: 17 February 1959
Description of flag:
It is violet triangular pennant with the coat of arms of Lehrte (golden lion in red field) shifted to the hoist. The coat of arms is superimposing two pairs of parallel yellow lines, being divided by narrow violet lines. Each pair is parallel to one edge of flag. They are superimposing one another in the pennants flyend.
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Nov 2007

RTHC Bayer Leverkusen

[RTHC Bayer Leverkusen, Ruder-Riege(Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Nov 2007

Name: RTHC Bayer Leverkusen, Ruder-Riege
Located in: Leverkusen
Established: 3 June 1910
Description of flag:
It is a white flag divided by a blue centred cross. In the canton is a yellow lion, holding a globe between its forefeet with two crossed oars on its back.
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Nov 2007

I am afraid this is not borne out by the picture: the oars might well be present in the club’s flag but do not appear here. Rather we are shown a former Bayer brand (Leverkusen, named after chemist Carl Leverkus, was the definite seat of the world famous Bayer chemical factory). See this page dedicated to those symbols (in English): “To illustrate the company's globally successful business operations, the next modification followed in 1895: a lion with wings(my emphasis, jm) and the symbolic staff of Mercury rose up over the globe. But foreign customers could make no sense of the image. Furthermore, the company's proper name - "Farbenfabriken vorm. Friedr. Bayer & Co." - was unpronounceable for them. This was partly the reason why a second corporate emblem was added in 1904: the Bayer Cross. This logo was not only legible in every language of the world, but was also recognizable to everyone due to its striking graphic design.”
Jan Mertens, 2 Dec 2007

Limburger CfW

[Limburger CfW (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

Name: Limburger Club für Wassersport 1895/1907 e.V.
Located in: Limburg/Lahn
Established: 1 January 1895

Historical topics:
In November 1895 the Limburger Ruderverein(LRV) was established in the "Zur Post" inn. On 22 August the Limburger Ruderklub(LRK) was established at the same place. Tensions in the Klub ended in the foundation of a 3rd club. The Limburger Rudergesellschaft(LRG) was established on 20 April 1920. In September 1944 all three boathouses had been destroyed or seriously damaged by allied bombing. The clubs resurrection began in 1946. And on 13.August 1948 LRK and LRG celebrated their reunion merging with the Paddler-Vereinigung Limburg (canoeing), forming the new Limburger Club für Wassersport von 1907 e.V. On 28 October 1983 the LRV joined the new club for financial reasons. Since then the club has its current name. The flags of LRK and LRG are not known.
Description of flag:
It is a white flag divided by a blue saltire with black fimbriation. In the canton are three silver towers from the city's coat of arms superimposing a blue over red horizontal bicolour, probably symbolizing the LRV and the CfW07. There are black capital letters and numbers in the white fields: "L"(top), "C"(hoist), "W"(fly) and "1895/1907"(bottom).
Source: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

Club's predecessors:

Limburger CfW 07

[Limburger CfW 07 (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

Name: Limburger Club für Wassersport 07 e.V.
Located in: Limburg/Lahn
Established: 22 Aug 1907
Description of flag:
It is a white flag divided by a blue cotized saltire. In the canton are three silver towers from the cities coat of arms superimposing a blue field. There are black capital letters and numbers in the white fields: "L"(top), "C"(hoist), "W"(fly) and "07"(bottom).
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

Limburger RV 1895

[Limburger RV 1895 (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

Name: Limburger Ruderverein von 1895 e.V.
Located in: Limburg/Lahn
Established: 21 Nov 1895
Description of flag:
It is a white flag divided by a red saltire. In the canton is a yellow over red horizontal bicolour. There are black capital letters and numbers in the white fields: "L"(top), "R"(hoist), "V"(fly) and "1895"(bottom).
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Nov 2007

RC Lindau

[RC Lindau (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

Name: Ruderclub Lindau (Bodensee) e.V.
Located in: Lindau (Bodensee)
Established: 26 May 1908
Description of flag:
It is a horizontal 6-stripes flag with alternating green and white stripes starting with a green one. The flag has a white canton with green capital letters "R C" over "L".
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

ESV Lingen

Name: Eisenbahn-Sportverein Lingen, Ruderabteilung
Located in: Lingen/Ems
Established: 1928/1964 (rowing-division)
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007


It is a white pennant with black capital letters "ESV" shifted to the hoist. There are also five black rectangles forming some kind of chevron pointing to the hoist.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

flag reported 1977

[ESV Lingen 1977 (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

Description of flag:
It is a white pennant with black capital letters "ESV" shifted to the hoist. There are also five black rectangles forming some kind of chevron pointing to the hoist.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

flag reported 2010

[ESV Lingen (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Mar 2011
Description of flag:
It is awhite triangular pennant, at the fly divided by a narrow horizontal black line. The pennat has black segments at lower and upper edge converging at the tip. Shifted to the hoist is the logo of German railway sports clubs(ESV):winged wheel and a garland, this time added by a black inscription in the logo "ESV LINGEN".
Source: flag chart.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Mar 2011

Lingener RG

[Lingener RG (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

Name: Lingener Rudergesellschaft e.V.
Located in: Lingen/Ems
Established: 12 July 1923
Description of flag:
It is a light blue pennant with a white upright anchor and white capital letters "LRG".
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Oct 2007

Ludwigshafener RV

[Ludwigshafener RV (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 7 Apr 2011

Name: Ludwigshafener Ruderverein von 1878
Located in: Ludwigshafen/Rhein
Established: 1 August 1878
Description of flag:
The white flag is divided by a celestial blue saltire.There are black inscriptions in each quarter as follows: "L"(top), "R"(hoist), "V"(fly) and "1878"(bottom). The flag has a white canton separated by thin black lines. Within the canton is a shield with a single rampant lion as supporter.
The shield is quarterly divided. In the 1st quarter is divided paly bendy into "bavarian" blue and white , the 2nd quarter shows a yellow anchor in a red field, the 3rd quarter a white spade in a blue field and the 4th quarter a white key in a white field.
According to [sta66]; p.43 is this the old coat of arms of the city of Ludwigshafen being in use from 1899 to 1937. The quarters are representing Bavaria, Ludwigshafen(also current coat of arms), and the incorporated municipalities of Friesenheim and Mundenheim. But the key was black in original.
Source: flag chart
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 7 Apr 2011

PTSG Lübbecke

[PTSG Lübbecke (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2011

Name: Post und Telekom Sportgemeinschaft Lübbecke e.V.
Located in: Lübbecke (Minden-Lübbecke county)
Established: 1 April 1992
Description of flag:
It is a blue over yellow over blue horizontal triband with ratio 1:2:1. In the middle of the yellow stripe is the logo of the club.
Description of logo:
It is a white oval fimbriated black. Within the oval are light blue wavy lines (might together be half of a microphone) on the left, and a blue, a yellow and a magenta coloured square on the right ordered vertically, blue and yellow being the colours of mail (on flags) and magenta being the colour of German telecom. Besides the squares are black capitals "PTSG" ordered vertically. Beneath a tiny black inscription "Lübbecke e.V.".
Source: flag chart
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2011

RV Lüdinghausen

[RV Lüdinghausen (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Apr 2011

Name: Ruderverein LLüdinghausen e.V.
Located in: Lüdinghausen (Coesfeld county)
Established: 12 March 1925
Description of flag:
It is a vertical blue - white - blue triband, the white stripe slightly broader with a white oval containing the club's logo in its centre. In the oval are two blue rowing stickmen. On the blue edge is the name of the club in white letters.
Source: flag chart
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Apr 2011

Lüneburger RC 1875

Name: Lüneburger Ruder-Club von 1875 e.V.
Located in: Lüneburg
Established: 1 May 1875
Description of flag:
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2011

flag reported 1977

[Lüneburger RC 1875 (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2011

Description of flag reported 1977:
The flag is quarterly divided into blue and white and has an additional white stripe at the hoist. In the centre of the quarters is a blue shield containing the inscription "LRC 1875" and a pair of crossed oars.
Klaus-Michael Schneider; 12 May 2011

flag reported 2011

[Lüneburger RC 1875 (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2011

Description of flag reported 2011:
It is a white flag containing the current logo in its centre.
Source: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider; 12 May 2011

RC Wiking Lüneburg

[RC Wiking Lüneburg (Rowing Club, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, Apr 2011

Name: Ruderclub 'Wiking' e.V. LLüneburg
Located in: LLüneburg
Established: 24 September 1955
Description of flag:
The white flag is divided by two bendy red - white - red ribbons. In the centre of the flag is a blue symbol similar to the letter "A".
For further information click: club's website.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 May 2011


back to alphabetical listing of all clubs click here.


back to German Rowing Clubs main page click here.