This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Starnberg County (Germany)

Kreis Starnberg, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: starnberg county | lozengy(white-blue) | lion(golden) | passant | eagle(golden) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Starnberg County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001
See also:

Starnberg County Banner

White with the arms, used without approval. Only minor changes were made to the territory of the county under the 1972 municipal reform, so use of the flag continues, still without approval.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.86
Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001

The coat of arms weas approved on 17 March 1960 and confirmed on 24 October 1972.

The arms are a combination of the lozenges of Bavaria and the lion and eagle taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Meranien. Until 1248 the area was ruled by the latter, and since it has been part of Bavaria.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.86
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003


back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here