This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Süderbrarup Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Süderbrarup, Kreis Schleswig-Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: suederbrarup subcounty | boeel | ekenis | kiesby.mohrkirch | norderbrarup | vanes | linden(infructescence) | oak(leaf) | acorn | anvil | apple | cornstalk | wheel | wind generator | cross(anthony) | belfry | urn | horseshoe |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Böel

Böel Municipal Flag

[Böel municipal flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012
approved 1 March 2011

Description of flag:
The ratio is 2:3. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012

Böel Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a blue-golden (=blue-yellow) pale wavy into golden (= yellow) and green. On the dexter side is a green cross, made of the vanes of a windmill. On the sinister side is a golden (= yellow) infructescence
Meaning:
The cross is representing the windmill of Böelschuby, which was in service from 1753 to 1870. The infructescence is representing an alleyway of lindens and poplars alongside the Oxbek creek. The pale wavy is symbolizing the creek. The colours green and golden are representing the importance of agriculture in the 1000-years-history of the municipality.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 1 March 2011. The coat of arms was approved on 25 January 2011. The artist is Egon Ossowski from Handewitt.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012


Municipality of Ekenis

Ekenis Municipal Flag

[Ekenis municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Apr 2006
approved 4 October 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012

Ekenis Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per chevron into blue over golden (= yellow). The golden field is superimposed by a green, bendy oak leaf, superimposed by three silver (= white) acorns.
Meaning:
The yellow triangle is intruding the blue field in the flag. (The "chevron" in flag neither touches hoist nor fly.) The triangle is symbolizing a tongue of land between wet and swampy grounds. It is also representing the suffix "-nis" in the name. The oak branch is symbolizing the existence of oak woods even today and is alluding to the prefix "eke-", which means "oak". The acorns are symbolizing the hamlets of Wattlück, Ekenisfeld and Bicken.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 4 October 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 4 October 2001. The artist is Hans Christian Green from Ekenis.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012


Municipality of Kiesby

Kiesby Municipal Flag

[Kiesby municipal flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012
approved 26 January 2010

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012

Kiesby Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In the centre of a blue shield is silver (=white) wind generator having three rotor blades. The centre is superimposed by a waggon's wheel of the same colour. Above right is an apple, above left an anvil and below central four cornstalks draped like a fan. All these elements are golden (= yellow).
Meaning:
The colours are those of the former duchy of Schleswig. The tree-bladed wind generator is alluding to a historical windmill in the centre of Kiesby and to the numerous modern wind engines of the municipality. The apple is symbolizing the local cyder and apple juice production in Kaltoft. The anvil is symbolizing a Smithsonian tradition in the municipality. Finally the stalks are symbolizing agriculture and the former municipalities of Kiesby, Kiesbyfeld, Kaltoft and Bremswatt. Finally the waggon's wheel is symbolizing industry, crafts and agriculture.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 26 January 2010. The coat of arms was approved on 29 October 2009. The local artists are Joachim Beyer, Klaus Horstmann, Johannes Jensen and Thomas Siebe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012


Municipality of Mohrkirch

Mohrkirch Municipal Flag

[Mohrkirch municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 May 2007
approved 13 August 1996

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012

Mohrkirch Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a golden (= yellow) shield is a blue capital "T" flanked by two green oak leaves.
Meaning:
The place was first mentioned in 1391 as Moerker, an estate. The estate together with a mill, some ponds and numerous acres had been sold by the lembeck family to the Congregation of St. Anthony from Tempsin (Mecklenburg). The monks rected a monastery and gained more acres in the neighbourhood. The T-shaped cross of St. Anthony is taken from the monastery's seal. Later it appeared on the seals of the Mohrkirch subdistrict (Harde. The oak leaves are symbolizing the existence of numerous oak trees in the area. The colours blue and golden are those of the former duchy of Schleswig.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.242

The flag was approved on 13 August 1996. The coat of arms was approved on 7 August 1972. The artist is Wilhelm Horst Lippert from Brunsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012


Municipality of Norderbrarup

Municipal Flag

[Norderbrarup municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 20 May 2007
approved 14 December 2006

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a yellow over blue horizontal bicolour with proportions 2:3. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag bestriding the total height of the sheet.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012

Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a golden (= yellow) baroque style gable bestriding the total width of the shield. The gable is superimposed by a blue tower, which is superimposed by a golden (= yellow) bell. On the dexter chiefpoint is a golden (= yellow) horseshoe, upon the sinister chiefpoint an urn of the same colour.
Meaning:
The colours are those of the former duchy of Schleswig. The tower is the belfry of the local church dedicated to St.Mary. The horseshoe is symbolizing the breeding of Schleswig carthorses until 1975. The urn is representing a Germanic graveyard especially for women from the Bronze Age. The "gable " is the top of a so called "Margarethe's cupboard ". Local farmer Johannes Adolf Jakobsen due tot he last will of his late daughter Margarethe established a foundation in 1895. The cupboard was filled with items used by nurses. Since then this type of cupboard became the core of many nursing stations exceeding Angeln and Schleswig-Holstein.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 14 December 2006. The artist is Egon Ossowski from Handewitt.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Dec 2012


back to Schleswig-Flensburg cities and municipalities click here.