This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kisdorf Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Kisdorf, Kreis Segeberg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kisdorf subcounty | kisdorf | huetblek | kattendorf | oersdorf | sievershuetten | struvenhuetten | wakendorf2 | winsen(kr.segeberg) | purple orchid | holly | oak(leaf) | chevron | wheel | tree | glass kiln | owl | kingcups(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Hüttblek

Hüttblek Municipal Flag

[Hüttblek municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Jul 2006
approved 9 September 1991

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white flag. At the top edge is a red stripe, at the bottom edge is a green stripe, slightly broader. At the hoist within the white stripe is a plant of early purple orchid (Latin: Dactylorhiza maculata).
Meaning:
The colours of the stripes are taken from the arms. The plant is an endemic species. The red blossoms are symbolizing development and harmony with nature.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.190

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 9 September 1991. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Kattendorf

Kattendorf Municipal Flag

[Kattendorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Jun 2006
approved 24 November 1994

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a green - yellow - green vertical triband with ratio 1:3:1. The green stripes are divided by two thin, white, wavy, horizontal lines. A green branch of holly, having three leaves, is in the yellow stripe.
Meaning:
The wavy lines are symbolizing the Kattenbek, a local creek. The holly, a very popular kind of bush in the area, is symbolizing the municipality as a whole. The number of leaves is symbolizing three new housing estates.
Kattendorf is the seat of Kisdorf Subcounty.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.203

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 24 November 1994.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Kisdorf

Kisdorf Municipal Flag

[Kisdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Jul 2006
approved 22 April 1981

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The white flag is divided by a red chevron, which is continued by horizontal bars to both ends of the sheet. Above are six blue discs ordered horizontally, three on each side. Beneath the chevron is a green branch of oak, consisting of three leaves and one acorn.
Meaning:
The chevron is symbolizing the continuity of settlements for many centuries. The branch is symbolizing the Kisdorfer Wohld, a wood, which had been the economic base of the production of charcoal and glass in the past. The discs are alluding to the fountains of six creeks on the area of the municipality.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.205

The flag was approved on 22 April 1981. The coat of arms was approved on 2 February 1976. The artist is Heinz Reinhold from Stenderupfeld.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Oersdorf

Oersdorf Municipal Flag

[Oersdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Jun 2006
approved 11 December 1993

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013

Oersdorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The silver (= white) shield is divided by a blue bend sinister. Above right is a green, rooted tree. Below left is a red wheel with six spokes.
Meaning:
The bend is symbolizing the bottomland at the Ohlau, a local denatured creek, thus the bend isn't wavy. The wheel is symbolizing the historical ox trail and the mobility of the inhabitants. The tree is symbolizing the historical Kisdorfer Wohld and the current forestation of local groves.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.261

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 11 December 1993. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Sievershütten

Sievershütten Municipal Flag

[Sievershütten municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Jul 2006
approved 8 October 1990

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white flag with narrow, green stripes at the top- and bottom-edge. The municipal coat of arms is in the middle of the white stripe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013

Sievershütten Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a green shield under an S-shaped, silver (= white) ribbon is a silver (=white) glass kiln with red fireholes and a red open door.
Meaning:
In 1492 a glass factory in the area was mentioned. The owner was a certain Mr. Sievert Steenbock. Since 1648 the location is called "Sieverstshütten", i.e. Sievert's glass kiln. The glass kiln is symbolizing the economic importance of that business line in the 16th and 17th century. "S" is the initial of the municipality's name and also symbolizing the Bredenbek, a local creek. The green stripes are symbolizing riches of forests.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.321

The flag was approved on 8 October 1990. The coat of arms was approved on 4 December 1987. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Struvenhütten

Struvenhütten Municipal Flag

[Struvenhütten municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Jun 2006
approved 10 September 1991

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white flag. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013

Struvenhütten Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) bend sinister wavy into red over green. All figures are silver (= white). Above right is a glass kiln topped by a chevron. Below left is a leaf of beech tree accompanied by a beechnut.
Meaning:
The bend wavy is symbolizing the Schmalfelder Au, a local creek. The beech is symbolizing local forests. Beeches are the predominant kind of tree. The glass kiln is alluding to the production of glass since 1540. The glass kiln had been destroyed in the 30-Years-War. Major Struve, an owner of a farm(?) in the 18th century is the name giver of the municipality.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.332

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 10 September 1991. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Wakendorf II

Wakendorf II Municipal Flag

[Wakendorf II municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Jun 2006
approved 14 Nov 1991

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a green over white horizontal bicolour with ratio 2:1. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013

Wakendorf II Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In the silver shield are three green leaves of kingcup ordered 2:1, each one is superimposed by a golden (= yellow) blossom. The green base is divided by silver (= white) fess wavy.
Meaning:
The fess wavy is symbolizing the Alster River. The kingcups are symbolizing the local swamps, which had been a hideaway of the locals during the Nordic War (1700 - 1721). Furthermore the swamps had been a source of fuel.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.352

The flag was approved on 14 November 1991. The coat of arms was approved on 20 December 1988. The artists are Kunje Ketelsen and Erwin Meier.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


Municipality of Winsen

Winsen Municipal Flag

[Winsen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Jul 2006
approved 1 Sep 2004

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a green over white horizontal bicolour with ratio 2:1. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag. A green horizontal line continues the fess wavy from the arms.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013

Winsen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a green three-peaked mountain, covering nearly the whole shield. The mountain is superimposed by a golden (= yellow) eagle owl reguardant sinister facing, holding a silver (= white) branch of beech in one claw. The base is divided by a silver (= white) fess wavy.
Meaning:
The fess wavy is symbolizing the Ohlau, a local creek. The owl is an endemic species and alluding to the settlement core of Uhlenhorst, i.e. owl's eyry. The branch is alluding to nearby forests. Having been a royal property they had been the economic base of charcoal manufacturing up to the middle of the 20th century. The mountain is symbolizing the Kisdorfer Wohld, a local wood.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 1 September 2004. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Jan 2013


back to Segeberg cities and municipalities click here.