This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Sandesneben-Nusse Subcounty - part 2 (M-Z) (Germany)

Amt Sandesneben-Nusse - Teil 2, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sandesneben | sandesneben-nusse | nusse | nusse subcounty | panten | ritzerau | schiphorst | schuerensoehlen | siebenbaeumen | sirksfelde | steinhorst | walksfelde | church | star(6-point) | nut | inescutcheon | herdsman | star(8-poi |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Amt Sandesneben-Nusse municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 15 Oct 2008
approved 1 January 2008 See also:

Municipality of Nusse

Nusse Municipal Flag

[Nusse municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Sep 2006
approved 2 September 1996

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The coat of arms is in the centre of a white sheet.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Nusse Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a green shield ia a golden (= yellow) branch of hazel with two leaves and three nuts. The chief is divided by a silver (= white) fess wavy, on the sinister side superimposed by an inescutcheon. The inescutcheon is divided per fess into silver (= white) over red.
Meaning:
The arms are canting showing a branch of nut (German: Nuss). The fess wavy is symbolizing the Steinau, a creek, and the Nusse Lake. The inescutcheon is alluding to the Hansa City of Lübeck, to which Nusse belonged from 1370 to 1937.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.259

The flag was approved on 2 September 1996. The coat of arms was approved on 16 February 1995. The artist is Hans Frieder Kühne from Barsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Panten

[Panten municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Sep 2006
approved 15 April 1985

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a blue - yellow - red vertical triband with ratio approx. 1:3:1. In the yellow stripe is a half herdsman, dressed green and holding black items: a horn by mouth and left hand and a hammer in his right hand. Above the herdsman are three green 8-point stars ordered 1:2.
Meaning:
The stars are symbolizing the former municipalities of Hammer, Mannhagen and Panten, which merged in 1938. The colours are those of Mecklenburg, because the municipalities had been Mecklenburgian exclaves in the territory of Lauenburg. The hammer is also alluding to the municipality, having this name. The herdsman is symbolizing the main business line in the past, i.e. herding. The arms, and thus the flag are based upon a seal. The seal's draft was made after WW2 by graphic designer and satirist A. Paul Weber.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.270

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 15 April 1985. The artists are Walter Lehmann and A. Paul Weber.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Ritzerau

Ritzerau Municipal Flag

[Ritzerau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 28 Feb 2013
approved 19 March 2010

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Ritzerau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a silver (= white) castle with three embattled towers, embattled walls and with port and windows blue. The silver (= white) chief is superimposed by a red label having four flaps.
Meaning:
The arms had been generated in 1990 on occasion of the 750-years-anniversary. In 1240 the von Ritzerau family and a watermill had been mentioned first. The label is a modification of the arms of that family, which also built a castle. The family died out in 1590 and the Hansa City of Lübeck overtook the village. The castle was demolished in 1634 and replaced by a fortified palace, which was demolished in the 19th century.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.293

The flag was approved on 19 March 2010. The coat of arms was approved on 21 April 1992. The artist is Hermann Groth from Ritzerau.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Sandesneben

Sandesneben Municipal Flag

[Sandesneben municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 12 Oct 2008
approved 11 December 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Sandesneben Municipal Coat of Arms

[Sandesneben coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 12 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per chevron ployé reverse into silver (= white) over red. Above central is a blue chalice. Below right is a silver (= white) wheel, below left two ears of grain of the same colour. The ears are crossed per saltire.
Meaning:
The Gothic chalice is a possession of the local parish church. The grain is symbolizing agriculture, the wheel is symbolizing industries, logistics and trading. The colours are those of Schleswig-Holstein.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.295

The flag was approved on 11 December 2007. The coat of arms was approved on 12 July 1982. The artist is Detlef Kruse from Labenz.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Schiphorst

Schiphorst Municipal Flag

[Schiphorst municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 9 Oct 2008
approved 12 July 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Schiphorst Municipal Coat of Arms

[Schiphorst coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 9 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend into gold (= yellow) over red. Above left are three green trees ordered 2:1. Below left is a golden (= yellow) hulk with mast.
Meaning:
Schiphorst was first mentioned in 1230. According to a charter from 25 March 1408 the brothers Godschalk, Wedeghe and Volrad von Tzüle, sold the territory to Duke Erich the Elder (IV) of Saxe-Lauenburg. The arms are canting showing a ship and a grove (Lower German: Horst). The wood was needed in order to build ships on the shores of the Baltic.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 12 July 2007. The coat of arms was approved on 7 March 2007. The artist is Rainer B. Borgstädt from Duvensee.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Schürensöhlen

Schürensöhlen Municipal Flag

[Schürensöhlen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Feb 2013
approved 29 June 2010

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Schürensöhlen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a broad, silver (= white) bend wavy into blue over red. Above left is a silver (= white) bell. Below right is a masoned well of the same colour filled by blue water.
Meaning:
The village was founded in the 13th century as Schönborn, which is a beautiful fountain. The masonry of that fountain is still existing. The village had an own pilgrimage church. When pilgrimage was forbidden in 1581, the building deteriorated and the bell (weight 1500 kg) fell down from the tower. The bell was brought to Siebenbäumen and was melted down in 1884.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 29 June 2010. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Siebenbäumen

Siebenbäumen Municipal Flag

[Siebenbäumen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Sep 2006
approved 23 February 1996

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a quarterly divided flag. The hoist quarters display the coat of arms without shield. The fly quarters are red over white.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Siebenbäumen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into silver (= white) over red. Above is a group of seven trees in natural colours. Below is a silver (= white) sinister bendy key.
Meaning:
The group of trees is of course canting. The key belongs to the church, which is however not dedicated to St. Peter - his attribute is a key- but to St.Mary. The form of the beard is said to allude to Our Virgin. The form of the head is said to allude to the Holy Trinity. The colours are those of the Hansa City of Lübeck, to which Siebenbäumen belonged from 1401 until 1747.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.320

The flag was approved on 23 February 1996. The coat of arms was approved on 12 May 1995. The artist is Siegbert Herbst from Bäk.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Sirksfelde

Sirksfelde Municipal Flag

[Sirksfelde municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 28 Feb 2013
approved 24 March 2011

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Sirksfelde Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend curved at both ends. Above left in a green field is a silver (= white) rising red kite. Below right in a golden (= yellow) field is a green - silver (= white) - green disc superimposed at the top by a green pallet exceeding the disc.
Meaning:
The region was inhabited long before Christ. Around 800 AD the inhabitants built a round fort with entrance at the north part of the ringwall as an improvement of the Limes Saxoniae. The diameter was about 100 meters. Two couples of red kites are breeding in Sirksfelde for years. The municipality tries to preserve this rare species.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 24 March 2011. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Steinhorst

Steinhorst Municipal Flag

[Steinhorst municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 7 Sep 2006
approved 24 April 1986

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The white flag is divided by two red, horizontal stripes. In the middle between the stripes is the coat of arms without shield.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013

Steinhorst Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red demi-lion, crowned, armed and tongued golden (= yellow).
Meaning:
The demi-lion is taken from the arms of the von Wedderkop family. Magnus von Wedderkop bought Steinhorst at the end of the 17th century. His son Gottfried von Wedderkop built a new manor in 1722. Steinhorst was seat of an administrative district (Amt) in the 18th and 19th century. The arms are stressing the connections between the family and the municipality. But as a distinguishing mark the background colour was changed by the municipality from golden to silver.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.328

The flag was approved on 24 April 1986. The coat of arms was approved on 9 February 1981. The artist is Herbert Kaulbarsch from Bargteheide
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013


Municipality of Walksfelde

Walksfelde Municipal Flag

[Walksfelde municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Feb 2013
approved 30 July 2008

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013

Walksfelde Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend sinister into gold (= yellow) over red. Above right is a black bull's head tongued red. Below left is a stork in natural colours.
Meaning:
The bull's head symbolizes that the municipality belonged as an exclave to the Duchy of Mecklenburg resp. to Mecklenburg-Strelitz from 1648 to 1937. The stork symbolizes that storks are breeding in Walksfelde every year. The yellow colour is symbolizing the bloom of rape. The red colour is the colour of the shield of the county.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 30 July 2008. The artist is Heinz-Jürgen Waldfried from Walksfelde.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013


former Nusse Subcounty (1999-2007)(ehem. Amt Nusse)

Nusse Subcounty Flag

[Amt Nusse municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Sep 2006
approved 21 June 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag. The figures are slightly shifted to the hoist.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013

Nusse Subcounty Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into gold (= yellow) over black. Above is a red church. Below are nine golden (= yellow) 8-point stars.
Meaning:
The church is the parish church of Nusse, denoted as dome of Nusse by the locals. The church is a symbol of continuity of the local administration. Nusse had been seat of a parish (Kirchspiel), which also had to fulfill mundane tasks and was later on transformed into a subcounty (Amt). The stars are representing the municipalities of the former subcounty. Those were: Duvensee, Koberg, Kühsen, Lankau, Nusse, Panten, Poggensee, Ritzerau and Walksfelde. The subcounty merged with Sandesneben Subcounty on 1 January 2008.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.52

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 21 June 1999. They were abolished on 31 December 2007. The artist is Walter Lehmann from Kollow.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 Mar 2013


to part 2 click here


back to Herzogtum Lauenburg cities and municipalities click here.