This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Sachsenhagen Comprehensive Municipality (Germany)

Sachsenhagen Comprehensive Municipality (Germany)

Last modified: 2017-10-22 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sachsenhagen(sg) | sachsenhagen | auhagen | hagenburg | woelpinghausen | nettle leaf | lion(yellow) | oak | castle | branch(raguly) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Sachsenhagen city flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017
Sachsenhagen city flag
See also:

Sachsenhagen Comprehensive Municipality (SG)

The comprehensive municipality has no proper flag. The formula "if applicable the flag" in 2 of the local Hauptsatzung (version 8 December 2011) doesn't necessarily indicate that there is no proper flag, but the information was confirmed by the Central Services Department of Sachsenhagen City and Hagenburg Market Town as well.
According to 2 of the local Hauptsatzung (version 17 December 2010) the municipality of Wölpinghausen also has no proper flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Sep 2017 / 22 Oct 2017


Auhagen Municipality

Auhagen Flag

[Auhagen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Sep 2017

It is an armourial flag (banner of arms).
Source: information provided by Mr. Kurt Blume, village mayor of Auhagen, on 13 September 2017 by phone call
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Sep 2017

Auhagen Coat of Arms

Shield Vert, an eradicated oak Argent, in base a barrulet wavy Argent.
Meaning:
The arms are canting, as the municipality's name means ""enclosure in a meadow", i.e. a fenced grove near a water course.
Source:
German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Sep 2017


Hagenburg Market Town

Hagenburg Flag

[Hagenburg market town flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017

It is a white over blue over red horizontal tricolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017

Hagenburg Banner

[Hagenburg market town banner] 2:1 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider,

It is a white-red-blue vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: information provided by Mr.Michael Kirk from Hagenburg Administration
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Sep 2017

Hagenburg Coat of Arms

Shiled Gules with base wavy Azure, issuant from base a castle Argent masoned Sable consisting of a throughout embattled wall and a central embattled tower with cone roof, flanked by two impending branches raguly Argent in pale; in port an inescutcheon Gules, charged with a nettle leaf Argent, charged with a heraldic rose Gules, barbed Vert and seeded Or.
Meaning:
The shield shows the local castle built in the 14th century by the Counts of Schaumburg and renovated in 1871-1873. The inescutcheon displays the arms of the former County of Schaumburg-Lippe. The waves are symbolising the Steinhude Lake, that is bordering the town. The two branches are symbolising that the village was founded in the 14th by forest clearance.
The arms were approved in 1965 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Hannover. Before the municipality used the county arms of Schaumburg-Lippe. The flag colours are those of Schaumburg-Lippe.
Source:
Stadler 1970, p.45
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017


Sachsenhagen City

Sachsenhagen Flag

It is a red over white horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.69
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017

Sachsenhagen Banner

[Sachsenhagen city banner] 2:1 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider,

It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.69
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Sep 2017

Sachsenhagen Coat of Arms

Shield Gules with base wavy Azure, issuant from base two (demi-)lions rampant respectant Or, supporting a thrice nailed nettle leaf Argent.
Meaning:
Sachsenhagen was a dominion of the Counts of Schaumburg, symbolised by the nettle leaf, until the family became extinct in 1640. Count Otto IV of Schaumburg granted a coat of arms in 1561, just displaying the nettle leaf, impending over waves, which had been denoted as a pond in the deed. Otto Hupp said, it was representing local Aue River. In 1647 the Landgraves of Hessen-Kassel ultimately acquired the city and the lions were added. Sachsenhagen gained city rights in 1650 from Amalie Elisabeth of Hessen-Kassel. The original tinctures of the lions are unknown.
Source:
Stadler 1970, p.69
Klaus-Michael Schneider,


back to Schaumburg cities and municipalities click here.