This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Schrevenborn Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Schrevenborn, Kreis Plön, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: schrevenborn | heikendorf | schoenkirchen | chevron | oak(leaf) | plough share | fish | tower(red) | rose(red) | nettle leaf |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Heikendorf

Heikendorf Municipal Flag

[Heikendorf municipal flag] 1:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 9 Aug 2006
approved 18 March 1963

Description of flag:
The ratio is 1:2. The hoist displays the coat of arms without shield. The flyend is horizontally divided by ten alternating white and blue stripes.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Feb 2013

Heikendorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The blue shield is divided by a silver (= white), cotized chevron. Above right and left is a golden (= yellow) oak leaf. Below is a golden plough share. The shield has a silver (= white) base wavy superimposed by a blue fish.
Meaning:
The fish is representing the fishing village of Möltenort. The plough share is representing Alt Heikendorf and Neu Heikendorf. The leaves are symbolizing Schrevenborn Manor, which gave the subcounty its name, and Kitzeberg. The wavy base is stressing that Heikendorf is a spa (Ostseebad). In 1913 Möltenort merged with Alt Heikendorf. The name of the new entity was Heikendorf. In 1928 Heikendorf and Neu Heikendorf merged and incorporated the dissolved manor district (Gutsbezirk) of Schrevenborn. The chevron is symbolizing the former municipalities under one roof and is also representing the typical Lower Saxon farmhouses.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.170 and Stadler 1970, p.101

The flag was approved on 18 March 1963. The coat of arms was approved on 22 August 1960. The artist is Wilhelm Horst Lippert from Brunsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Feb 2013


Municipality of Schönkirchen

Schönkirchen Municipal Flag

[Schönkirchen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Aug 2006
approved 20 February 1986

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a blue over white over red horizontal tricolour. The blue stripe has double width. The coat of arms is in the canton. The upper edge of the base is continued by the lower edge of the blue stripe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Feb 2013

Schönkirchen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In the golden (= yellow) shield is a red church tower flanked by two red heraldic roses. The red base is superimposed by a silver (= white) nettle leaf flanked by two golden (= yellow) ears of grain.
Meaning:
The colours of the stripes are those of Schleswig-Holstein. The tower belongs to the local parish church dedicated to St. Mary. The roses are her attributes and a canting element representing beauty (German: Schönheit). The nettle leaf is alluding to Count Johann I of Holstein, who founded the church, which had been completed in 1237. The grain is symbolizing the economic importance of agriculture.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.310

The flag was approved on 20 February 1986. The coat of arms was approved on 15 April 1985. The artist is Rudi H. Wagner from Allmannsweiler.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Feb 2013


back to Plön cities and municipalities click here.