This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Preetz-Land Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Preetz-Land, Kreis Plön, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: preetz-land | barmissen | boksee | bothkamp | gr.barkau | honigsee | kirchbarkau | kl.barkau | lehmkuhlen | loeptin | pohnsdorf | postfeld | rastorf | schellhorn | wahlstorf | warnau | wheel | crozier | annulet | grain(ear) | leaves | bridg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Barmissen

Barmissen Municipal Flag

[Barmissen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Jul 2006
approved 18 January 2006

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Barmissen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The blue shield is divided by a very broad golden (= yellow) pale, which is superimposed by three green leaves of alder - ordered per fess - over a red wheel.
Meaning:
The village was first mentioned in 1474. In 1519 it is sold to the monastery in Preetz. Before the dissolution of the Westwalddistrikt in 1928 it is one of the 22 villages forming the so called 2nd provostey (2. Probstei) of the monastery. Barmissen is located on the highest point in the area on a watershed between the lakes of Postsee and Bothkamper See. So the shield is symbolizing golden acres between two blue lakes. The leaves are representing the settlement cores of Barmissen proper, Barmisser Feld and Fiefhusen. The wheel is symbolizing the road from Kirchbarkau to Preetz, the old forge and farming.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 18 January 2006. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Boksee

Boksee Municipal Flag

[Boksee municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 31 Jul 2006
approved 5 February 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white - red -white vertical bicolour with ratio 1:3:1. The coat of arms without shield is in the central stripe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Boksee Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
A red shield bearing a white (= silver) nettle leaf is superimposed by a blue inescutcheon bearing three golden (= yellow) beech leaves.
Meaning:
The village was first mentioned in 1378 as "Buckze" (
Source: Kieler Rentebuch I, MKStG 10/11). Boksee belonged to the city of Kiel until 1572 and afterwards to the duchy of Holstein. Since 1867 it belonged to the Kiel Subcounty (Amt Kiel), afterwards until 1932 to the dissolved Bordesholm County and now to Plön County. The blue colour and the beech leaves are canting. "Boksee" means "lake of beeches". The nettle leaf is alluding to the counts and dukes of Holstein, the former rulers.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 5 February 2002. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Bothkamp

Bothkamp Municipal Flag

[Bothkamp municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Aug 2006 approved 18 April 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a yellow over blue horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Bothkamp Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per chevron into blue over golden (=yellow). Above right is a golden (=yellow) panicle of oat. Above left is a golden (= yellow) 14-point star. Below is a red cylindric building.
Meaning:
Bothkamp Manor was first mentioned in 1243. Until 1538 it was a possession of the Pogwisch family, until 1647 of the Rantzau family. It was one oft he biggest manors in Holstein. The building is the observatory of Bothkamp Manor, finished in 1869 by Friedrich Gustav von Bülow. The blue colour is symbolizing Bothkamp Lake, The yellow triangle a peninsula. The panicle is symbolizing agriculture. The star is representing the 13 settlement cores and the planetoid of Athamanthis, which represents the numerous discoveries of stars by the local observatory in the 19th century.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 18 April 2005. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Großbarkau

Großbarkau Municipal Flag

[Großbarkau municipal flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013
approved 24 September 2008

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white sheet limited by a narrow blue stripe on the top edge and a red one on the bottom edge. The coat of arms is in the centre of the white stripe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Großbarkau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a thin silver (= white) stepped gable into blue over red. Below in the red field is a silver (= white) wheel with five spokes.
Meaning:
Known as "Wendisch Brocowe" the village was sold in 1400 to the monastery of Preetz by the owner Detlev Brockow. Before the dissolution of the Westwalddistrikt in 1928 it was one of the 22 villages forming the so called 2nd provostey (2. Probstei) of the monastery. The gable is representing the barns of a manor on the western edge of the village. The wheel is representing the crossing road and the number of the spokes the historical five acres (Hufen) forming the village.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 24 September 2008. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Honigsee

Honigsee Municipal Flag

[Honigsee municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Aug 2006
approved 17 May 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a yellow - blue - yellow vertical triband with ratio proably 1:2:1. The coat of arms without shield is in the central stripe.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Honigsee Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
Above the fess point of the blue shield is a silver (= white), broken crozier, flanked by three golden (= yellow) bees.
Meaning:
Honigsee was one of the 22 villages forming the so called 2nd provostey (/2. Probstei/) west of Preetz. The arms are canting. The bees are symbolizing honey (German: Honig) and the blue colour is symbolizing the lake (German: See). The crozier is alluding to the long rule of the monastery in Preetz.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 17 May 2005.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Kirchbarkau

Kirchbarkau Municipal Flag

[Kirchbarkau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Dec 2007
approved 16 April 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Kirchbarkau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a broken silver (= white) wheel superimposed by a golden cross trefly. The chief is divided by a silver (= white) fess embattled counterembattled.
Meaning:
The cross here is not an attribute of St. Morris but simply symbolizing the importance of the village as seat of a parish. The patron saint of the local church is St. Catherine and the broken wheel is one of her attributes. The fess is symbolizing the railway track between Kiel and Lütjenburg.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 16 April 2007. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Klein Barkau

Klein Barkau Municipal Flag

[Klein Barkau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Oct 2008
approved 26 November 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Klein Barkau municipal Coat of Arms

[Klein Barkau coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) masoned bridge into red over blue. The bridge is topped by a silver (= white) cross of vanes. The masonry is black within arms and blue upon flag.
Meaning:
Both figures are alluding to local buildings: the cross to a windmill built in 1885 and the bridge, built in 1806, is representing itself.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 26 November 2007. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Lehmkuhlen

Lehmkuhlen Municipal Flag

[Lehmkuhlen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Aug 2006
approved 10 June 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Lehmkuhlen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a blue fess wavy into silver (= white) over golden (= yellow). The base is plain golden. Above right is a green oak leaf, above left a green ensemble including three reed maces seeded red.
Meaning:
The dell and the yellow colour are symbolizing Lehmkuhlen proper. The leaf is symbolizing Bredeneek, which means "broad oak". The reed maces are symbolizing Rethwisch, which means "meadow with reed maces".
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 10 June 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 29 November 2000. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Löptin

Löptin Municipal Flag

[Löptin municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013
approved 29 May 2009

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag. The sinister side (= flyend) on flag has double width.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Löptin Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale. The dexter side displays eight red diamonds ordered in two columns with four diamonds each. The sinister side is thrice divided per fess into silver (= white) and blue, i.e. four alternating white and blue stripes on flag.
Meaning:
The arms are based upon a seal of the knave Johannes Lubbetin from 1346. The Lubbetin family owned manor and village. Klein Löptin (= village) was sold to the monastery in Preetz in 1325, Groß-Löptin (= manor) in 1443. Both belonged to the monastery until 1873. As the tinctures of the seal were not known, the colours of Schleswig-Holstein had been chosen.
Source:Reißmann 1997, p.229

The flag was approved on 29 May 2009. The coat of arms was approved on 18 June 1990. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Pohnsdorf

Pohnsdorf Municipal Flag

[Pohnsdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Jul 2006
approved 5 Jun 1996

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The flag is horizontally divided into blue - white -äred - white - blue (like the C-signal). In the canton is the coat of arms.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Pohnsdorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The silver (= white) shield is divided by a broad, blue pale wavy, which is superimposed by a silver (= white), cut abbott's crozier. On the dexter side is a red ear of grain.On the sinister side are three red beech leaves ordered per pale and slightly superimposing one another.
Meaning:
The municipality was established in 1931 when the villages of Pohnsdorf and Sieversdorf merged with parts of the domains of the monastery in Preetz. Pohnsdorf and Sieversdorf had been mentioned first in 1224. The crozier reminds on the rule of the monastery for centuries. The pale wavy is symbolizing the local lake Postsee. Grain and leaves are symbolizing agriculture and forestry.
Source:Reißmann 1997, p.274

The flag was approved on 5 June 1996. The coat of arms was approved on 3 June 1992. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Postfeld

Postfeld Municipal Flag

[Postfeld municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 31 Jul 2006
approved 22 January 1994

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Postfeld Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red millwheel. The blue chief is superimposed by three golden (= yellow) sheaves.
Meaning:
The wheel is alluding to a former watermill and furthermore taken from the arms of the Porsvelde family, who owned the village of Porsfeld (= Postfeld acc. to source) before 1325. The watermill was also mentioned in a document from 1325. The sheaves are symbolizing farming. The blue colour is symbolizing the Postsse, a local lake.
Source:Reißmann 1997, p.275

The flag was approved on 22 January 1994. The coat of arms was approved on 16 May 1983.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Rastorf

Rastorf Municipal Flag

[Rastorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 26 Jul 2006
approved 27 April 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The flag is quarterly divided into red (upper hoist and lower fly) and white (lower hoist and upper fly). The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Rastorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
All charges are in counterchanged colours. The shield is divided per pale into silver (= white) and red. A great part is filled by a charge, shaped like a baroque gable. The gable is flanked by blossoms of rape on both outer chiefpoints and superimposed by a third blossom. Beneath the blossom is a bridge.
Meaning:
Red and silver are the colours of the Rantzau family. The bridge is crossing the Schwentine River in Rastorf and is nowadays a monument. The gable is that one from Rastorf Manor. The blossoms are symbolizing the cultivation of rape. Their number is symbolizing the settlement cores of Rosenfeld, Rastorfer Passau and Wildenhorst.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 27 April 2005. The artist is Egon Ossowski from Handewitt.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Schellhorn

Schellhorn Municipal Flag

[Schellhorn municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 3 Aug 2006
approved 23 March 1990

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Schellhorn Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) bend sinister wavy into blue over red. Above right is a silver (= white) annulet divided into four equal parts. Below left is a silver (= white) horn.
Meaning:
The parts of the annulet are symbolizing the settlement cores of Freudenholm, Scharstorf, Schellhorn and Sophienhof. The annulet as a whole is alluding to an ancient, Slavic ring-wall in Scharstorf. The current municipality was founded by German settlers and was first mentioned in 1286 as "Scadehorne", which means "little horn". It is canting and symbolizing 700 years of continuity. The bend is symbolizing the federal road from Kiel to Plön.
Source:Reißmann 1997, p.303

The flag was approved on 23 March 1990. The coat of arms was approved on 6 August 1986. The artists are Hans Joachim Freytag and Henning Höppner.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


Municipality of Wahlstorf

Wahlstorf Municipal Flag

[Wahlstorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Jul 2006
approved 20 June 1994

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Wahlstorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend embattled into silver (= white) over red. Above left are six (only five on flag) blue barrulets wavy. Below right the field is filled by a red embattled, masoned wall superimposed by three golden (= yellow) ears of grain.
Meaning:
The division per bend embattled is taken from seals of the local Walstorp family, relatives of the Reventlow family. The barrulets are symbolizing four local lakes and the Schwentine River. The ears are a distinguishing mark and symbolizing agriculture as economic base of the municipality.
Source:Reißmann 1997, p.352

The flag was approved on 20 June 1994. The coat of arms was approved on 24 September 1992. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Municipality of Warnau

Warnau Municipal Flag

[Warnau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Aug 2006
approved 16 Jun 2004

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013

Warnau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into golden (= yellow) over green. Above is a black crow. Below is a silver (= white) annulet flanked by a silver (= white) crozier on the dexter side and a trefoil of the same colour on the sinister side.
Meaning:
Warnau is one of the 22 villages forming the so called 2nd provostey (2. Probstei) of the monastery in Preetz. The crozier is alluding to the rule of the monastery for centuries. The trefoil is symbolizing agriculture. The crow is a canting element. The name of the municipality is of Polabian origin meaning "home of the crows". The annulet is symbolizing the non-typical form of the village, a so called roundling, which was not built alongside one main road like the other villages in the area.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 16 June 2004. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Feb 2013


back to Plön cities and municipalities click here.