This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Hagenow (Germany)

Stadt Hagenow, Landkreis Ludwigslust-Parchim, Mecklenburg-Westpomerania

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by german editorial team
Keywords: hagenow | bishop's head |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Current Flag

[Hagenow flag] 3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, 29 Aug 2011

Description of current flag:
The flag's ratio is 3:5. It is a red over yellow horizontal bicolour. In the upper hoist corner is a bishop's head in natural colour crowned by a mitre.
Source: Erwin Günther: "Kommunalflaggen in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (1)", published in "Flaggenkurier, Nr. 7/8", p.16-29, edited by DGF
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Aug 2011

The flag was first used on 12 March 1996. The coat of arms was granted on 10 April 1858 by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz II. The redesigned version, made by Hans-Frieder Kühne in 1996 and registered as no.49 in the Roll of Arms of Mecklenburg-Westpomerania.


back to Ludwigslust-Parchim cities and municipalities click here
Return to Top of this Page |   | Return to Home Page (Site Search Engines) |