Last modified: 2017-11-11 by german editorial team
Keywords: salzgitter |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Aug 2007
adopted 3 Mar 1951
From Ralf Hartemink's International
Civic Arms website: The arms were granted in 1951 and show a city wall,
to characterise the city character of Salzgitter. The two wheat-ears and
the blast furnace symbolise the agriculture and industry respectively.
The small shield shows in the lower half some miner's tools, symbol for
the important mining in the area. The two salt hooks in the upper half
are derived from the old arms and seals of the city.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 18 Dec 2001
coa adopted: 24th January 1951
flags adopted: 3rd March 1951
source: Arnold Rabbow, "Neues Braunschweigisches Wappenbuch", Braunschweiger Zeitungsverlag, 2003
Jörg Majewski, 27 Aug 2007