Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sersheim | buffalo horns | balls(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Description of banner:
It is a red - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 29 June 2003 at the local town hall.
Description of coat of arms:
In a golden (= yellow) shield are two red, connected buffalo horns topped by three balls of the same colour ordered 1:2.
The three balls are an attribute of St. Nicolas, the patron saint of the monastery of Hirsau. The buffalo horns are taking from the arms of the Lords of Sachsenheim. Sersheim was first mentioned in 792 and was a possession of the monastery of Hirsau around 110. Sovereigns had been the Counts of Vaihingen until they died out in 1360. They were followed as local rulers by the Lords of Sachsenheim as vassals of the Counts of Württemberg. Other nobility kins and monasteries also had possessions in the village. In 1436 ten percent of the village took shelter of Württemberg. After the Lords of Sachsenheim had died out, Württemberg gained the complete sovereignty over the village in 1589.
Source: municipal webpage
Banner and coat of arms were approved on 9 October 1980 by the county administration, published in GABl 232/1981.
back to Ludwigsburg cities and municipalities click here