This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Maintal City (Germany)

Stadt Maintal, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Darmstadt District, Hesse

Last modified: 2017-05-27 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: maintal | bischofsheim | doernigheim | hochstadt | wachenbuchen | cogwheel | rush | demi-swan | beech |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Maintal city banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 3 July 2006
approved 17 August 1976 See also:

Maintal City

Banner:
It is a white-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
inhabitants: 38,208
Main-Kinzig County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
city formed on 1 July 1974 by merger of 4 villages
banner approved on 17 August 1976
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 3 July 2006


Coat of Arms

The arms are more or less those of former Bischofsheim municipality, but in base a bar wavy in counterchanged colours is added.
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2017


Bischofsheim Borough

[Bischofsheim borough banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 July 2006
approved 9 October 1968

Banner:
It is a red-white-red vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:4:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
incorporated on 1 July 1974
Main-Kinzig County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 9 October 1968
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 5 July 2006


Bischofsheim Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale with ratio 3:1, at dexter Gules two cogwheels interlocked Argent in pale, at sinister Argent a reed issuant Vert fruited Sable.
The arms were approved on 21 August 1968.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2017


Dörnigheim Borough

[Dörnigheim borough banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 July 2006
approved 7 August 1968

Banner:
It is a red-white-red vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:4:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
incorporated on 1 July 1974
Main-Kinzig County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 7 August 1968
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 5 July 2006


Dörnigheim Coat of Arms

Shield Gules, issuant from base wavy Azure a demi-swan Argent armed Azure with a trident Sable upon his breast.
Meaning:
The oldest part of the arms is the trident, however referred to as an initial "E", a local sign that appeared, surrounded by a laurel wreath, on boundary stones of the 17th century and a court seal from the 18th century. The swan is representing the Lords of Hanau. It is taken from the crests of Hanau's greater arms. The base wavy is representing Main River. Having a church since 793, the village increased and became a city in 1964.
The arms were approved in 1957.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.28
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2017


Hochstadt Borough

[Hochstadt borough banner 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 8 July 2006
approved 23 March 1965

Banner:
It is a yellow-red-yellow vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:3:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
incorporated on 1 July 1974
Main-Kinzig County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 23 March 1965
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 8 July 2006


Hochstadt Coat of Arms

Shield Or, an initial "H" Gules and a hook Gules.
Meaning:
The oldest seal of the village from 1726 displays a shield parted per pale, at dexter the arms of Hanau, at sinister a spade and an undefined symbol (the hook). The area historically belonged to the Counts of Hanau. The hook might the old village symbol, used e.g. on boundary stones. In the current arms the initial has been added.
The arms had been proposed in 1956.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2017


Wachenbuchen Borough

[Wachenbuchen borough banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 9 July 2006
approved 12 August 1966

Banner:
It is a blue-white-blue vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:4:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
incorporated on 1 July 1974
Main-Kinzig County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 12 August 1966
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 9 July 2006


Wachenbuchen Coat of Arms

Shield Azure a beech tree Argent.
Meaning:
The beech (German: Buche) is canting.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2017


back to Main-Kinzig Cities and Municipalities Page click here