This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Felsberg City (Germany)

Stadt Felsberg, Schwalm-Eder-Kreis, Kassel District, Hesse

Last modified: 2017-06-08 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: felsberg | gensungen | bend sinister | trefoils(3) | chevrons(2) | triplemount |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Felsberg city banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 18 Oct 2006
approved 22 January 1983 See also:

Felsberg City

Banner:
It is a white-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
inhabitants: 10,624
Werra-Meißner County
Kassel District , state Hesse
city enlarged on 1 February 1971 by 14 other villages
banner approved on 22 January 1983
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.32
Jörg Majewski, 18 Oct 2006

Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale of Gules and Argent, over all a bend sinister Vert charged with three trefoils Argent.
Meaning:
The origin of the arms is not clear, they are first known in the roll of arms made by Siebmacher in 1605. All seals of the city between 1286 and 1554 ause different images; the first showed the crest of the Counts of Hesse, sometimes combined with roses. A 14th century seal shows the letter "H" for Count Heinrich II (1328 - 1376) besides the main shield. Since 1589 the letter "F", the town's initial was placed between the buffalo horns of the crest of Hesse. At least until 1967 the arms were parted the other way round, i.e. white at dexter and red at sinister, the bend sinister was voided by three trefoils, which thus had the colours of the shield beneath. The trefoils are said to be simplifications of the roses from the 2nd seal.
Other sources claim, the (current) arms are known since 1570 as a sculpture in Rotenburg Castle. The arms were published in 1633 in the roll of arms of Wilhelm Wessel.
Sources: German WIKIPEDIA and Stadler 1967, p.32
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 June 2017


Gensungen Borough

[Gensungen flag] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 19 Oct 2006
approved 3 April 1969

Banner:
It is a yellow-red-yellow vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:4:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
incorporated on 1 January 1974 (also see No. 140/437)
Schwalm-Eder County
district Kassel, state Hesse
banner approved on 3 April 1969
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 19 Oct 2006

Gensungen Coat of Arms

Shield Or, two chevrons Sable, the upper chevron is embattled, issuant from base a triplemount Gules.
Meaning:
The arms were approved in 1947 and were designed for the 1200 anniversary of the village. The mountain in the base is symbolising Heiligenberg mountain, which was fortified by Archbishop Konrad of Mainz in 1186. The chevrons are taken from the arms of the Lords of Heiligenberg called Ulfa, taken from a seal in 1396.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.38
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 June 2017


back to Schwalm-Eder Cities and Municipalities Page click here