Last modified: 2017-05-18 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: fuerth(odenwald) | cross(fitchy) | letter |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 14 January 1980
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski,, 28 June 2006
Shield Argent, a facetted cross fitchy Gules, charged with a capital "F" Argent.
The oldest seal of Fürrth is mentioned in the 16th century, but the oldest known surviving seal dates from 1626. It shows the letter "F" and a trefoil, a common village symbol in the area. The new arms combine the letter "F" as a distinguishing mark with the cross of the arms of Lorsch Abbey, as the largest part of the village was a possession of the abbey from 1232 to the 18th century.
The arms were approved in 1926.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.36
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 May 2017
back to Bergstraße Cities and Municipalities Page click here