This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Friedrichsdorf City (Germany)

Stadt Friedrichsdorf, Hochtaunuskreis, Darmstadt District, Hesse

Last modified: 2017-04-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: friedrichsdorf | seulberg | rose(white) | horseshoe | tower | wheel |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Friedrichsdorf city  banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 18 June 2006
approved 21 Oct 1975 See also:

Friedrichsdorf City

Banner:
It is a blue-white-red vertical tricolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
inhabitants 24,525
Hochtaunus County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 21 October 1975
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski,


Coat of Arms

Shield parted per saltire, above Azure a heraldic rose Argent, beneath Gules a tower Or, at dexter Argent a 4-spokes wheel Gules, at sinister Argent a horseshoe Gules.
Meaning:
After the merger with the three other municipalities it was finally decided that the name Friedrichsdorf should remain, but that the other municipalities should be represented in the arms. It took until 1975 before agreement was reached. The quarters ares representing the former municipalities: the rose Friedrichsdorf, the wheel Köppern, the horseshoe Seulberg and the tower Burgholzhausen.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2017


Friedrichsdorf Borough

[Friedrichsdorf city flag (1937-1975)] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 20 June 2006
approved 1937; abolished 1975

Banner:
It is a blue-white vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Friedrichsdorf, borough of Friedrichsdorf
incorporated on 1 August 1972
Hochtaunus County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved 1937
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 20 June 2006


Coat of Arms Friedrichsdorf Borough

Shield Azure, nine heraldic roses Argent ordered per circle. Later within flag the roses were displayed as seeded Or and the shield was changed to a baroque shield.
Meaning:
Friedrichsdorf was founded in 1687 by Count Friedrich II of Hessen-Homburg as a settlement for French Huguenot refugees. In 1771 it received city rights, but it did not use an own seal. The first arms were devised in 1821 for Princess Alexandra of Russia, during a visit to the court of Count Friedrich Josef in Bad Homburg. She visited Friedrichsdorf and in her honour (and her 8 guests) 9 roses were used in the arms. In 1828 the arms also appeared on the seal of Friedrichsdorf.
Flag and arms had been the former symbols of Friedrichsdorf City.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.35
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2017


Seulberg Borough

[Seulberg borough banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 20 June 2006
adopted 9 Apr 1964; unofficial banner

Banner:
It was a white-red vertical bicolour with the coat of arms shifted to the top.

Seulberg, borough of Friedrichsdorf
incorporated at 1st August 1972
Hochtaunus county
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner adopted on 9 April 1964
banner unofficial, used for traditional purposes only
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 20 June 2006


Coat of Arms Seulberg

Shield parted per pale Gules and Argent, a horseshoe pointing to base in counterchanged colours.
Meaning:
The horseshoe was adopted around 1847 as a symbol of agriculture.
The coat of arms was approved to the municipality of Seulberg, then in dissolved Obertaunus County, on 9 April 1968.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2017


back to Hochtaunus Cities and Municipalities Page click here