Last modified: 2011-11-11 by german editorial team
Keywords: helmstedt |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
2:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Dec 2007
Flag adopted 9 Jul 1952
The arms were granted on 9 July 1952.
The upper part of the arms shows the horse, taken from the arms of Niedersachsen, in the colours of the former Kingdom of Braunschweig, to which the district belonged. The lower part shows symbols of mining and agriculture, at the time the two main sources of income in the district.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.