Last modified: 2011-02-25 by editor unassigned
Keywords: goslar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 20 Dec 2007
Flag adopted 2 Mar 1977
Aditions : 1977 Blankenburg, Zellerfeld, Goslar-city
The arms were granted on 8 August 1931.
The arms are a combination of the eagle taken from the arms of Goslar and the lion of the Schladen family. The latter played a major role in the local history between 1110 and 1362.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.