This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Marienheide (Germany)

Gemeinde Marienheide, Oberbergischer Kreis, Northrhine-Westphalia

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: marienheide | per fess | scythes(crossed) | lion(red) | statant | double queued |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Marienheide banner]   image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 23 Jul 2010
approved 7 August 1958 See also:

Banner

Description of banner:
The upper half is an armorial bannerhead, the lower half is a vertical red - white -red triband.
Source: 2(1)3.Abschnitt of Hauptsatzung of the municipality of Marienheide, version 15 December 1999
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 23 Jul 2010

Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess. Above in a red field are two silver (=white) saltirishly crossed scythes, used for rooting out. Above the scythes is a silver(=white) heraldic rose barbed green and seeded golden (=yellow). Below in a silver (=white) field is a red, statant, double queued lion, armed and tongued blue.
Meaning:
According to Ralf Hartemink the upper half shows a combination of the seals of both churches. The scythes are taken from the Catholics, the rose, being that one of the counts of Möllembiek, from the Protestants. The lion is symbolizing the counts and dukes of Berg, the former rulers.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 23 Jul 2010

The flag was approved by minister of interior of Northrhine-Westphalia on 7 August 1958, the coat of arms on 26 October 1934 by Prussian minister of interior.


back to Oberbergischer Kreis cities and municipalities click here