This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Titisee-Neustadt (Germany)

Stadt Titisee-Neustadt, Kreis Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: titisee-neustadt | fir | squirrel | fess(wavy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Titisee-Neustadt city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013
approved 8 November 1971 See also:

City of Titisee-Neustadt

Titisee-Neustadt City Banner

Description of vertical flag:
It is a red over white bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: Stefan Schwoon
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013

picture post card, located by Stefan Schwoon

Titisee-Neustadt Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The silver (= white) shield displays a green fir tree. A sinister facing, red squirrel is sitting in the sinister part of the tree. The shield has a blue base, divided by a silver (= white) fess wavy.
Meaning:
On 1 July 1971 the municipalities of Titisee and Rudenberg were incorporated into the city of Neustadt (since 1963 named: Neustadt in Schwarzwald), which was renamed then into Titisee-Neustadt . The city of Neustadt was built around 1250 by the Counts of Fürstenberg and gained market rights in 1447. The oldest known seal of Neustadt, made before 1350, prints exist since 1373, displayed already the current pattern, but with pine cones in the tree. The city was the centre of the forest clearences in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) mountains. The arms of Neustadt before 1971 displayed the fir tree rooted with the stem partially cutten by an axe with silver blade. In the 19th century the axe was replaced by two crossed axes in front of the stem. The cones were removed in 1908. This ensemble was symbolizing the forest clearances. The main field of the current arms is a modification of the arms of Neustadt while the base is representing the former municipality of Titisee.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.79 and Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 8 November 1971 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 576/1972.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013


back to Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald cities and municipalities click here