This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Filderstadt (Germany)

Stadt Filderstadt, Kreis Esslingen, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2013-06-28 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: filderstadt | per bend(5) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Filderstadt city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Jun 2013
approved See also:

City of Filderstadt

Filderstadt City Banner

Description of banner:
It is a yellow - green vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: B/W photo in "100 Jahre SPD in Filderstadt", chronicle, p.81, provided by Marcus Schmöger
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Jun 2013

Filderstadt Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is five times divided per fess into gold (= yellow) and green.
Meaning:
The arms were devised in 1977 after the merging of the five municipalities of Bernhausen, Bonlanden auf den Fildern, Harthausen, Plattenhardt and Sielmingen on 1 January 1975. On 1 January 1976 Filderstadt gained the title of a city. The arms are derived from the arms of the Barons of Bernhausen, who died out in 1839. The family played a major role in the history of all the villages and their arms were thus suitable as a common symbol.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 10 August 1977 by Regierungspäńsidium Stuttgart, published in GABl 292/1978.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Jun 2013


back to Esslingen cities and municipalities click here