This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Schimberg Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Schimberg, Kreis Eichsfeld, Thuringia

Last modified: 2016-10-22 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: schimberg | ershausen | martinfeld | wilbich | chevron | cross | wheel | church | oak(leaf) | baptistery | fish |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

Presentation of Schimberg

The communes Ershausen, Lehna, Martinfeld, Misserode, Rüstungen and Wilbich merged on 1 January 1997, forming the new municipality of Schimberg. The name giver is a mountain with four peaks, the main peak being 473 above the sea level. Schimberg has not yet proper symbols. Lehne, Misserode and Rüstungen also had no proper symbols. Schimberg had 2279 inhabitants in 2015 and covers 29.3 km². Schimberg is seat of VG Ershausen/Geismar.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Ershausen Municipality (- 1997)

Ershausen Banner

[Ershausen municipal banner (- 1997)] image by Jörg Majewski, 22 Mar 2013

It is a white-red vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Ershausen Coat of Arms

The shield is golden. Beneath a black chevron in chief is a throughout red cross, charged in its centre by a silver 6-spokes wheel.
Meaning:
The wheel is reminding on the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers. The chevron is symbolizing the suffix ü-hausenü. It is representing a roof and also protection. Connected with the cross it is representing also local clerical buildings: the 14-saints chapel and the St.John's Monastery.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.51
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Presentation of Ershausen

Ershausen had 1265 inhabitants in 2008. The municipality was first mentioned in 1272.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Martinfeld Municipality (- 1997)

Martinfeld Banner

[Martinfeld municipal banner (- 1997)] image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Mar 2013

It is a green-white vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Martinfeld Coat of Arms

The shield is parted per fess into silver over green. Over all a silver tower with black port and window and a black spire, flanked in chief by two beech leaves.
Meaning:
The tower is the western tower of the local parish church St. Ursula. The leaves are symbolizing the local beech groves.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.90
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Presentation of Martinfeld

Martinfeld had 639 inhabitants in 2015. The municipality was first mentioned in 1071.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Wilbich Municipality

Wilbich Banner

[Wilbich municipal banner (- 1997)] image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Mar 2013

It is a blue-white-blue vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Wilbich Coat of Arms

The shield is parted per pale; at dexter a green field charged with a silver baptistery; at sinister a black field divided by a silver, wavy bend sinister, charged with a blue trout.
Meaning:
The municipality's name is derived from "Wildebach" (= wild creek), symbolized by bend wavy and trout. The sinister half is thus canting. The baptistery is that one located in the local church.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.125
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Presentation of Wilbich

Wilbich had 400 inhabitants in 2015. The municipality was first mentioned in1358.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


back to Eichsfeld cities and municipalities click here