Last modified: 2011-02-25 by editor unassigned
Keywords: diepholz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
2:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 17 Dec 2007
Flag adopted 25 Jul 1979
Additions : 1932 Sulingen, 1977 Grafschaft Hoya (1932 Syke)
The old arms were granted on 1 October 1951.
The lion is the original arms of the Lords of Diepholz, since 1531, Counts of Diepholz. The eagle was added to the arms of the family in 1285, through marriage with the Counts of Rietberg. The bear-claws are the arms of the Grafschaft Hoya and are taken as a symbol of the former district Sulingen, that, since 1582, was part of the territory of the Counts of Hoya.
The arms were granted on 25 July 1979.
The new arms combine the lion of Diepholz with the bear claws of Hoya.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.