Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis rosenheim | rosenheim county | coat of arms: chief (bavaria) | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: per pale (leaves) | coat of arms: per pale (hawk: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat of arms adopted 4th October 1957, flag adopted 9th March 1965, abolished 30th June 1972
White-blue-yellow, adopted 09.03.1965. The county was merged with Bad Aibling and parts of Wasserburg and adopted new arms and flag after the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 11 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 4, 1957.
The chief shows the arms of Bavaria, as a large part of the county belonged for a long time to Bavaria. The lower dexter part shows two leaves, taken from the arms of the Frauenchiemsee Convent. These arms are used as a symbol for the Chiemgau-area in the county. The lower sinister half shows the arms of the Counts of Falkenburg [German Falke meaning falcon] who ruled in the southern part of the district in the 13th century.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 12 June 2003