Last modified: 2014-03-22 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ansbach county | feuchtwangen county | chief | eagle(double-headed) | eagle(black) | quartered | per fess dancetty | arches(2) | inescutcheons(2) | bannerhead |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996.
Stefan Schwoon, 11 Oct 2001
The counties of Dinkelsbühl, Feuchtwagen and Rothenburg ob der Tauber were incorporated into Ansbach County during the 1972 municipal reform. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
"The arms were granted on July 24, 1979. The eagle is the symbol for the imperial cities of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl and Feuchtwangen in the county. The chief combines the quartered arms of the Hohenzollern dynasty (Margraves of Nuremberg) with the points of the arms of Franconia, the area in which the county is situated.
Literature: Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 29 Jan 2004
Black-white with the arms in white bannerhead. Feuchtwagen was incorporated into Ansbach County during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.33
Stefan Schwoon, 20 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 25 June 1954. The shield displays a part of the monastery of Feuchtwangen, which was founded in 800. The area belonged from 1376-1791 to the Margraves of Nürnberg and the main colours, black and silver, are taken from the arms of the Markgraves from the Hohenzollern-Brandenburg-Ansbach branch. Until 1376 the city of Feuchtwangen was an imperial city, represented by the
imperial eagle. The other inescutcheon displayss the Franconian rake, representing Franconia.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.33
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here