This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Halenkov, Czech Republic

Vsetín okres, Zlín region

Last modified: 2011-03-19 by andrew weeks
Keywords: halenkov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Halenkov flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2004
adopted 25 Nov 2003 See also:

Halenkov municipality flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003) - Halenkov municipality, Vsetín district, Zlín region - flag adopted 25 November 2003.
This village, located below the mountains in the Vsetínská Bečva valley, was founded in 1654 by Count György Illesházy and named after his daughter Helena. The inhabitants of the village earned living through agricultural production and crafts, the range of which was expanded in 1868 to include the manufacturing of bentwood furniture of the Thonet brand. In 1788 the Church of the Elevation of the Holy Rood was completed in the village. In the Dinotice valley you can see a tiny wooden belfry and a small manor house. The surrounding landscape is suitable for horse-riding, skiing and cycling trips.
Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2004

Halenkov Coat of Arms

[Halenkov coat of arms] image from this website.